PDA

View Full Version

: The Motorcycle that was used in Will Smith's I,ROBOT movie

Novaz3
07-26-2004, 08:20 AM
http://www.mvagusta.com/2003mvagusta/f4spr-3-04.html

Man now thats what i call a motorcycle its beautiful :cry:

And heres the same bike in a special edition.

http://www.mvagusta.com/2003mvagusta/specialparts/images/specialbike/MVF4-SP3-600.jpg

Crazy1ear
07-26-2004, 09:26 AM
Looks a lot like the R1 or CBR.

zleviticus
07-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Supposedly Mr. Smith had a 50 MPH wreck on the bike during filming...

Drake
07-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Heh.... Maybe he should have taken the MSF course and practiced a bit before playing around on a bike of that power.... hmmm....

red7eb
07-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Actually, the bike looks like the Ducati 999. Maybe someone can post a picture of it here - I haven't figured out how to do that yet :oops:

But speaking of iROBOT bikes, did any of you watch the episode of American Choppers (Disc channel), where O.C.C. did the iROBOT bike for Will Smith?? Talk about a SWEEEEEET Chopper! :D

Novaz3
07-26-2004, 01:04 PM
I didnt get to see that episode but i heard about it, Man this bike is sick it looked awesome in the movie and even better in that pic. :shock: And it does look more like a Ducati 999 :)

jaydog19833
07-26-2004, 03:40 PM
It looks pretty nice. I just don't like the tail section. It looks bad ass all black too.

LayinLo
07-26-2004, 04:34 PM
wow thanx for the close up...

Crager
07-26-2004, 07:57 PM
But speaking of iROBOT bikes, did any of you watch the episode of American Choppers (Disc channel), where O.C.C. did the iROBOT bike for Will Smith?? Talk about a SWEEEEEET Chopper! :D

I watched it, bike looked pretty wild.

el barto
07-27-2004, 01:35 AM
American Chopper built a motorcycle for the premiere of I Robot too. How was the movie by the way?

TL chris
07-27-2004, 02:25 AM
It's a MV Agusta F4. Not a Ducati. Not a CBR. It is Italian.

red7eb
07-27-2004, 10:58 AM
American Chopper built a motorcycle for the premiere of I Robot too. How was the movie by the way?

Haven't seen the movie yet, myself.

Are you sure we're not talking about the same show with building the bikes? The Tuttles (sp?) - of O.C.C. - took theirs to the actual movie premier and presented it to Will Smith before the opening. American Chopper IS the name of the series that features Orange County Choppers... :)

Here's a pic:

http://mi0.bpcdn.us/DragonflyGirl7/OCC_iRobot.jpg

el barto
07-27-2004, 04:56 PM

Haven't seen the movie yet, myself.

Are you sure we're not talking about the same show with building the bikes? The Tuttles (sp?) - of O.C.C. - took theirs to the actual movie premier and presented it to Will Smith before the opening. American Chopper IS the name of the series that features Orange County Choppers... :)

Here's a pic:

http://mi0.bpcdn.us/DragonflyGirl7/OCC_iRobot.jpg

Yeah, You are right, it was OCC that built the bike, but it was an American Chopper episode on Discovery channel. Mikey Tuttle makes me laugh. Did he ever pass the MSF course or get his license yet?

SuzukiGirl1
07-27-2004, 05:02 PM
I've seen Mikey riding in the last few episodes, but they never showed if he took the class again or took his test again...

The I Robot bike looks great, but I bet that gas tank only holds about a 1/2 gallon of gas!!! :?

SeattleKatana
07-27-2004, 05:39 PM
I've watched American Chopper too. But you got to wonder how these bikes hold up in the long run. One off parts and welding vs. Production tested parts and welding process.

Novaz3
07-27-2004, 06:56 PM
The movie I ROBOT was awesome good from beginning to end, and oh yeah WE KNOW ITS A AUGUSTA :roll:

jaydog19833
07-27-2004, 09:34 PM
I saw OCC a month ago in Lake George. Up close, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I was gonna be. They just looked like "some bike," to me. I don't know, to me if you are going to make something it has to serve a purpose. I don't feel like what they make really serves any purpose. Maybe I'm just being negative but their stuff gets so crazy I can't justify how we can all think its cool to make a virtually useless machine. :(

TL chris
07-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Mikey hasn't taken or passed the test yet. Still doesn't have his license.

SuzukiGirl1
07-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I like watching the show, but I wouldn't ever want one of their bikes.

Does anyone watch the Great Biker Build-off shows? I think they are also on Discovery. Russell Mitchell of Exile bikes built a kick ass bike... :shock:

I'll try to find a good pic of it to post...

SuzukiGirl1
07-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Here are a couple pics of the exile cycle bike...

SuzukiGirl1
07-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Here is a link that'll take you to a nice little video clip that gives you a close up look at different parts of the bike as well as a 360 view...

Click on the Russell Mitchell one...

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/bike/video/buildoff/buildoff.html#

canjond
07-28-2004, 11:12 AM
I remember watching that episode on Great Biker Build-off. Didn't that bike have an integrated clutch or something like that? I think I also remember that the rear fender was mounted to close to the top of the tire and destroyed the tire and fender... had to be replaced after like 400 miles. Also, if this is the same bike - I thought he only got 70 mpg. Still love the bike though!

Anonymous
07-28-2004, 12:43 PM
i have no idea how the other guy won. russells bike was the most %%%%%% one i've seen on any of the chopper shows yet.

SuzukiGirl1
07-28-2004, 01:41 PM
i have no idea how the other guy won. russells bike was the most %%%%%% one i've seen on any of the chopper shows yet.

I completely agree!!! :bluethum:

07-28-2004, 03:13 PM
These choppers are built so low to the ground, that you can't lean with the bike at all - it will start scraping the ground immediately - very disfunctional bikes, they are purely for show. :cry:
I like the way they look, but what's the point if you can't really use them for real riding? :cry:
Chopper guys also don't use protective gear - another big negative point for them :evil:

jaydog19833
07-28-2004, 03:49 PM
I heard one of the Chopper guys couldn't even ride a bike for SOOOO long because he was so bad. I guess their more mechanics than riders. :|

TL chris
07-28-2004, 09:00 PM
I remember watching that episode on Great Biker Build-off. Didn't that bike have an integrated clutch or something like that? I think I also remember that the rear fender was mounted to close to the top of the tire and destroyed the tire and fender... had to be replaced after like 400 miles. Also, if this is the same bike - I thought he only got 70 mpg. Still love the bike though!

Yeah, the clutch was integrated to the left handlebar. It operates just like the throttle. Twist to disengage, release to re-engage. Pretty clever idea.

Novaz3
07-29-2004, 01:40 PM
TL Chris everytime i see your dancing hippo it scares me :cry:

red7eb
07-29-2004, 04:00 PM
I disagree that O.C.C. choppers are worthless machines. Considering that this is - what? - their 3rd season or so, don't you think that the "associated press" would have got wind of a law suit or a dissatisfied customer LONG before now, considering how widespread the American Chopper series has become, and how costly their bikes are? Their bikes are getting national recognition. And while they are "theme" bikes, I have no doubt they are completely functional... but only on the SHORT haul. Because of all the exceptions that are needed while building, to allow for their design structure, I don't think their bikes are practical for the long, cross-country rides. Either way, they DO have to pass state inspections, right? How else do they get registered? :?

TL chris
07-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Bikes like those usually get registered as a kit vehicle. Kinda like a buy it and put it together yourself. I don't know about insurance but the do need to get registered if you plan to ride them around. Most of OCC's bike are just for show, so they probably don't even bother with plate mounts and stuff like that.

TL chris
07-29-2004, 07:59 PM
TL Chris everytime i see your dancing hippo it scares me :cry:

Consider it a warning sign that what you're about to read is coming from a whacked out mind.

canjond
07-30-2004, 01:35 PM
I remember when the Tuttles were on Leno (the episode after they unveiled the bike), Jay commented that his bike had died while on the road. As it turned out, O.C.C. wired their bikes through the headlight. Jay's headlight went, the bike would no longer run until fixed.

axel_2078
07-30-2004, 03:00 PM
What is this guy talking about? :shock:

Gixxerman
08-09-2004, 01:03 PM
No one else posted pictures of the bike so here it comes :D

http://home.no.net/gixxie/Stuff/MV_Agusta-F4_SPR-2.jpg

http://home.no.net/gixxie/Stuff/MV_Agusta-F4_SPR.jpg

But here is the coolest bike ever... probably the most expensive too *DOH!* :x

http://home.no.net/gixxie/Stuff/MV_Agusta_F4-1000_Tamburini.jpg

LayinLo
08-09-2004, 03:48 PM
please mister, can i ride it one time...just once... :cry:

red7eb
08-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Why don't they have a DROOLING smiley?? That's what I'm doing right about now :P

:lol:

LayinLo
08-09-2004, 04:12 PM
...discreetly hands red7eb a tissue...then wipes drool from his mouth too

red7eb
08-09-2004, 04:48 PM
...discreetly hands red7eb a tissue...then wipes drool from his mouth too

:lol: :lol: