Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    Here ya go. I'm still working out the bar ends, but they're mounted temporarily. Please forgive the white balance problem. I'm going riding. It's been a stressful morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Putting clip-ons on the Bandit-img_9044-small-.jpg   Putting clip-ons on the Bandit-img_9045-small-.jpg   Putting clip-ons on the Bandit-img_9046-small-.jpg   Putting clip-ons on the Bandit-img_9043-small-.jpg  
    'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Bandit 1200S
    Wow, that's a lot of rise on the tubes. This should be interesting. Looks cool though !
    " In the name of the Speedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, amen. "

Fender Buffer
    Good looking mod.

Can't wait for the ride report.

Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    Sweeet! It's so much sportier now that it's like a new bike. I tried hanging off a bit just to see how it went, and it's much easier. The narrower spread and angled grip make my reach much better. The forks are dropped 1-1/8", so the seat height is down a bit, but it was up a bit from the Hayabusa shock, so it's probably back near stock height. Steering is quickened ever so slightly, and there's no sign of head shake or instability. It made a great bike better!

Highly recommended.
    'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Gems for motorcyclists

Happy-ass Lunatic
    I have to admit, I was a tad skeptical when I first heard people talking about putting clip ons on Bandits, but that looks very professional.

Well done!
    Go to hell

Happy-ass Lunatic
    So, what are your impressions after putting a few miles on it with the new clip-ons.

Did dropping the forks make a noticeable change in your steering?

What about vibration, is it better/worse/same?

What do you think about the new look?

Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    I love it. The steering is quickened only slightly. I didn't really notice much, though I suspect I'd notice going back the other way. Vibration has never been an issue for me, perhaps because I use power tools a lot. I really didn't even notice much of an increase.

I'm really digging the look. Except for the holes where the old posts were, it looks totally clean. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It's made the bike feel more sporty, which is where my natural progression as a rider has taken me. If I had the money I'd get a track bike tomorrow. I get slight hand cramps after an hour or so, but that's only because it's been such a slow year for me.

Thanks for asking!
    Gems for motorcyclists

No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Bandit 1200S
    This coming from a bloomin' wrench that still pisses into the wind.

I'm actually looking at the Helibars but, $270.00 ?? that's pricey !!

I don't want to lower the front.

Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    What are you worried about?
    Gems for motorcyclists

Happy-ass Lunatic
    WRT the holes where the old bars used to be: look around, I bet you could find some nice knock-outs or something (maybe have some fabricated??) to cover that up.

Again, your job looks really clean and professional . . . just like your light mod!

No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Bandit 1200S
    Clearance on the track. I've been warned by Tab and others to watch the left side case cover. Tabs warn the lower mounting bolt on his and others have warn through fairings. I'm no were near their level but, don't want to help it.

You dropped 1 1/8 " or 1 1/2" ?? You didn't happen to measure ground clearance to the collector or frame, did you ?

If I could find a set of top mounts real cheap, I'd give it a try. I'll bet the combo of a Busa shock and the top mount clip ons would really quicken the steering.

No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Bandit 1200S
    Hmmm. Your setup is looking cooler and cooler. I got to give it a try. Just got to find a deal like yours. Cheapest I've found is $90.00 for a set of Vortec on Ebay.

Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    Keep in mind that I have the rear raised with the 'Busa shock, and I don't corner that deep yet. I've only just hit the peg feelers. It'll be a while before I'm grinding the cases!
    Gems for motorcyclists

Happy-ass Lunatic
    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRed94 View Post
    Keep in mind that I have the rear raised with the 'Busa shock, and I don't corner that deep yet. I've only just hit the peg feelers. It'll be a while before I'm grinding the cases!
    I've yet to hit the feelers. I thought I was plenty fast.

No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Bandit 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRed94 View Post
    I won't be either for quite some time. I asked Tab, he said he ground the cover bolt off his gixxer after he raised the tubes 1/2 ". He hasn't done it since he raised them back up.

I really like those Blackbird bars. They seem to have a little rise so the controls can clear the fairing. I'm not having a lot of luck finding those. I think I would have problems with the R6 or F4i ( 43 mm ) clip ons.

I've found a bunch of Busa shocks at a local salvage place.

The search continues. I'm seriously interested in this mod.

Ads