Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki VS800 GL Intruder 1993

For Sale: 2003 Honda ST1300 A (ABS) Birmingham, Alabama

For sale is my extremely well maintained 2003 Honda ST1300 ABS sport-touring motorcycle. YES this is an ABS model!!! The color of the bike is Honda Tower Silver Metallic OEM paint (2003 model official color). The bike has 25, xxx majority highway miles on the ODO. This bike is ridden only in good weather, washed and covered after every ride and waxed every 3 months.

This is one of the most smoothest (1300 cc V4 engine), comfortable, quiet, reliable bike I have personally ridden and owned. This bike has superior wind protection and with a Clearview (medium) after market electric windshield with vent, lower it on a hot day or raise it on a cool day. Electric windshields-the best feature to have on a bike!

Bike is stable at all speeds. Low speed manuevers-excellent, highway travel-got to keep an eye on that speedometer as speed rises real quick without any effort whatsoever. This bike will pull pass an 18 wheeler at highway speeds on 5th gear and feels very steady while doing it.

Being a sport-touring/ long distance rider enthusiast this bike has a huge amount of storage space to haul your stuff and a passengers' stuff in its 2 detachable saddle bags, rear trunk (upgrade) and 2 cavarneous fairing pockets! plus a passenger on the rear seat.

In addition to what was mentioned above this bike gets me 50-56 MPG (MPG's is dependent on rider throttle input) at highway speeds easy and with a 7.7 gallon tank U can cover great distances before the next fill up. With todays gas prices it just makes sense to own this bike.

This bike has new brake pads installed, shaft drive oil flushed and replaced, engine oil + filter drained and replaced, radiator coolant flushed and replaced, clutch fluid flushed and replaced, all brake resorvoirs flushed and replaced, air filter replaced, new tires on front and rear, valve clearance check done with no adjustments needed and all maintenance that either I have done or a certified Honda mechanic have done to the bike since I purchased it.

In addition to the above maintenance that was done to the bike this bike has been upgraded to my exacting touring needs which are valued +/- $2400.

Upgrades/ Add ons include...

1. J&M CB radio wired for pilot and passenger.
    2. CB radio antenna
    3. Color matched Honda OEM trunk
    4. Tip over bars (installed but not pictured)
    5. Honda ST1300 Service manual
    6. RAM ball mount
    7. Clearview GT medium windshield with vents
    8. Knee/ tank pads
    9. Honda Fairing air deflectors
    10. Honda mirror air deflectors
    11. 1" Handle bar risers
    12. Cee Bailey Headlite protectors
    13. Rear tip over bars
    14. RAM Ball arm

This bike is priced fairly, competitively and below 3 major published book values...

KBB=$8825 (Average retail and no upgrades)
    Black Book=$8450 (Average retail and no upgrades)
    MC news.com/ NADA used motorcycle value guide=$8184 (Average retail and no upgrades)

My price=$7988.00. (Great value and awesome upgrades/ add ons!)

Why am I selling it?

My intention when I first purchased this bike was to ride long distance and tour other states on the weekend. Unfortunately pending projects and my work schedule has taken up a lot of my time hence the sale of my well cared for sport-tourer.

With only 25,XXX miles and all the included upgrades, this particular bike is at least "Average Retail" condition. Much better in my opinion. You will be hard pressed to find a bike this well maintained with the upgrades at a dealer at this price. Bike is located in the Birmingham area. I have clear title on hand with no lein holds.

Send me an email or PM with your questions or concerns and I will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your interest.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For Sale: 2003 Honda ST1300 A (ABS) Birmingham, Alabama-2007_1215_170136.jpg   For Sale: 2003 Honda ST1300 A (ABS) Birmingham, Alabama-2007_1215_170601.jpg  
    Last edited by rnrider; 07-12-2008 at 10:12 PM.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    Beautiful. Someone's gonna get lucky with this one.
    'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki VS800 GL Intruder 1993

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Beautiful. Someone's gonna get lucky with this one.
    Thanks Clint. This bike looks and rides like a true sport-touring bike.

Is this bike still for sale, I am interested in looking at it. I live in Gardendale.

My Bike(s)
    harley davidson

honda

I'm interested in buying you bike..can you send pics? please give me a call at cell 706 980 0314 or work 706 272 7922 or home 706 694 2100.

tks
    tony

Hi. Am interested but live in California. Is bike sold?

Ads