Motorcycle Forum banner

Attention all S50 Owners with V & H Classic 2's.

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Thundurburd 
#1 ·
I am about to order a set of Classic 2's and I was wondering which jet kit to use. Any personal reviews of brands would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty much set on the Classic 2's, I just don't know if there is a difference in jet kits or any other problems I may run into during installation.

#2 ·
Check the V&H site, they may give recommendations for jet kits.

I just had the Classic IIs put on my bike. Had it a few days before the jets got installed, and it started and ran like crap. With the new jets it starts the first time, much better than the last S50 I had ever did, and runs good.

With the Classic IIs the S50 is a whole different riding experience. Really. They are a bit loud for me but I'm getting used to it. :D

When the service guy went back to the shop to drive my bike around to the front of the store, and I heard a bike start up, I thought to myself, wow, I hope that's my bike. It was. :mrgreen:

This is all personal opinion of course. The following link is an S50 with modified Classic IIs.

#4 · (Edited)
I guess they do but I haven't looked that close yet. In the video I linked to the guy said he had the baffles in but removed the packing.

The link below are the Classic IIs with the baffles shortened. It's a different bike too but an excellent sound in my opinion.

#7 ·
I have V&H Classic IIs on a new S50. After they put the jets in I could start the bike without setting the choke and my gas mileage was poor, maybe 40 mpg or less. I mentioned this to the dealer and said I thought the bike was running too rich. I picked the bike up today and they had adjusted the jets but said I should get about 35 to 40 mpg with those exhausts. Geesh, I got 45 to 50 mpg with my last S50.

Anyways the Classics sound good but I don't like the way the bike runs with its sputtering and jerking. I'm sitting here now seriously thinking about going out and putting the stock exhausts back on the bike myself. I considered doing DrBob's modifications and am now really sorry I didn't.

Anyone thinking about doing this mod should be aware it may not work out to their liking.

Just an opinion.

#9 ·
Well Tank, I'd do some more research with people that have these exhausts on their bikes and not necessarily go by my experience. I'm having serous problems with my bike stalling and then not restarting, and the dealer can't seem to find what's wrong. My overall problems with this bike running poorly and stalling probably have nothing to do with the Classic IIs.

They do sound good though and appear to be well built. I was surprised to hear about the 35 to 40 mpg mileage but don't know if I really believe that yet.

#10 ·
Thundurburd, A friend of mine has a honda shadow spirit 750 with classic 2's and jet kit. He said his gas mileage dropped considerably after putting them on. He is the reason I want a set on my bike, they sounded great on his and its just a 750. I thought they would have to sound even better on a 800, but if they are gonna cause so much trouble I may try a different brand pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.