Motorcycle Forum banner

oil fill cap

12K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  frostbitevinnie 
#1 ·
Hi There agian. Apperantly when i bought the bike a couple months back i forgot to get the owners manual. I am going to change the oil but can not find the fill hole. did they hide the fill hole under a cover or something or am i just blind. also is there a place on line i can find a owners manual for my bike. it is a 05 c90. thanks for the help.

#3 ·
Right lower side just below the rear jug. Remove upper and lower bolts and the fill hole is there. You will also find your fuse box behind this cover. The procedure I follow is to fill the bike with 4 qts. Put the cap back on, run the bike for 3 minutes, let it sit for two then check the level. Fill to the line. This of course is with a filter change as well. the reason you run the bike is to get the oil up into the oil chiller. There need to be a bit of oil in it to properly check the level.

Most important, check the bike in a level position, front to rear and side to side. You might need some help with this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.