Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: c109 FI light

My Bike(s)
    c109R

c109 FI light

after installing pipes on my c109r my FI light flashes on and off I then installed the cobra fi2000 and that did not help.can you please help?

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    09 Suzuki C109R
    Did Cobra include a little batwing looking piece to fool the computer that goes on the set valve.
    The instructions call it the exhaust valve actuator solenoid cam.
    Last edited by grandpatractor; 04-04-2009 at 09:52 PM.
    J.D.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50
    Also try asking over on the M109 forum, there's a dedicated C109 section.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki M109R & 2 V65 Magna's
    Quote Originally Posted by OZChris View Post
    Also try asking over on the M109 forum, there's a dedicated C109 section.

I agree.

M109Riders.com - Powered by vBulletin
    Live To Ride

Web page

Webshots

My Bike(s)
    c109R
    yes i did get a exhaust valve solenoid cam the dealer thinks that may be the problem i am taking it in next week

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C109RT

Question

Quote Originally Posted by maroonc109r View Post
    yes i did get a exhaust valve solenoid cam the dealer thinks that may be the problem i am taking it in next week
    I'm having the same problem with th Fi light coming on. Talked to Cobra they say I likely damaged the actuator by turning it some when I took the cam off. Have you solved your problem? If so what did you try?

Dastardly villain
    My Bike(s)
    '08 M109R w/LE mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Al SPEARMAN View Post
    I'm having the same problem with th Fi light coming on. Talked to Cobra they say I likely damaged the actuator by turning it some when I took the cam off. Have you solved your problem? If so what did you try?
    Take the entire SET off and pull the pin to disable the checking of the actuator. You will be good to go! Directions are over at M109riders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sport Rider
    URBAN GUERRILLA STEP ONE: TRUST NO ONE

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C109RT
    Quote Originally Posted by SVZuki View Post
    Take the entire SET off and pull the pin to disable the checking of the actuator. You will be good to go! Directions are over at M109riders.com
    Thanks alot guys it worked great!!!!!!! Took me a couple of days to build up enough courage to try it. Just a note for any C109RT riders out there who are wanting to try this. The ECM is a little different than the m109. There is only two plugs on it instead of three. You still use the grey one, you still remove pin 7 and the wire is still black and brown. The Cobra dragsters sound awesome and the Cobra fuel processor works great!!!! I just picked up this bike this spring and I love it. When you shift out of fourth around 160K it doesn't even hesitate. The speedometer needle just keeps climbing looking for more!!!!!!! Had a 96 ci Harley before this and it won't hold a candle to the 109.
    Last edited by Al SPEARMAN; 06-10-2009 at 10:50 PM.

My Bike(s)
    suzuki c109r boulevard

I have a question where is #7 pin located is it on the plastic gear in act. box

Quote Originally Posted by Al SPEARMAN View Post
    Thanks alot guys it worked great!!!!!!! Took me a couple of days to build up enough courage to try it. Just a note for any C109RT riders out there who are wanting to try this. The ECM is a little different than the m109. There is only two plugs on it instead of three. You still use the grey one, you still remove pin 7 and the wire is still black and brown. The Cobra dragsters sound awesome and the Cobra fuel processor works great!!!! I just picked up this bike this spring and I love it. When you shift out of fourth around 160K it doesn't even hesitate. The speedometer needle just keeps climbing looking for more!!!!!!! Had a 96 ci Harley before this and it won't hold a candle to the 109.

Ads