Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterDarker View Post
    Here is a picture of the National Cycles V Shield tinted sports screen.
    Slightly hard to mount, I had to get some longer bolts for the top brackets.
    This screen was made for the M90 but also fits European / Canadian / Australian delivered m50s.
    Photo was taken in front of a band shell (for the riding game reborn thread on the M50 forum).
    I have Cooleys two inch risers fitted.

Attachment 26399

My experience is that this screen markedly reduces buffeting on the body when riding, but slightly increases it around the helmet area.
    Bike seems to be more stable.
    I used a small wood clamp to help pull the top bracket together enough for the original bolts to thread in. Your bike looks good, I love that orange colour but wasn't an option for the 2011's fast blue and faster black were the only options.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Quazievil View Post
    Thanks for the how to. Took these right after i put the v-stream on, i've since move the windshield up as far as the clamps would go on the forks. Nicest looking screen i've seen so far on this style M50 IMO.
    Hey Quazievil, looks great, been doing serious searching for a windshield. Is this the v-stream 28208 or 28209 - I sent an email to National Cycles but they wont guarantee fit, so if this is what you ordered, then I will get something similar on Ebay (for a bit less) but just wanted to confirm that it definitely fits the Aussie M50 and it's not too hard a job to fit on.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lison; 05-07-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Hey Lison
    Have you just joined the Oz Boulevards forum?

My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    Hey Lison
    Have you just joined the Oz Boulevards forum?
    I have been on ozboulevard for a while now....I love it

wanted a little bit more info on the windshields and happened on this site...

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Welcome to this forum!
    There is much knowledge tucked away in here and some very helpful people, especially good for the M50.
    I have an N2808 (sports tinted) fitted on my own M50. Good but not great would be my short verdict, as I still get a bit of buffeting around the helmet but overall ride stability is noticeably better. Slightly fiddly to fit, had to bend the brackets.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    Hello and welcome Lison.

I have the 28209 dark tint tour V-Stream. the Aussie and Canadian M50 is one in the same. So it will fit but like I mentioned, I had a hard time with the top two brackets and used small wood-clamps to pull them in close to thread the bolts through. I love the windshield, nothing else out there fits the look and style of our M50. I do get some buffeting at high speeds, but I was really only looking to get the wind of my chest. I probably could have easily gone with the 28208 sport version.

My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    Thanks for the info guys...will look at both the 28208 & 28209 and more than likely purchase one with the next pay.

I will show the other half your posts so he knows what he's in for when he fits the windshield

Heading over East at the end of the year, MotoGP here we come...so need to start buying little bits and pieces throughout the year.
    Last edited by Lison; 05-08-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    The screen does look good
    (I look for any excuse to post this picture)2010 M50 windshields-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336537789.860632.jpg

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    (I look for any excuse to post this picture)
    Yes you do... and who can blame you.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    2010 M50 windshields-cooley2.jpg

For comparison, the V-stream Tour, as apposed to Dark's sport version.

Minus the pretty girls and solar powered dude.
    Last edited by Quazievil; 05-09-2012 at 07:36 AM.

My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    choices, choices....not sure which one I like now they are both nice. I guess the touring one would make more sense considering it will be used for the trip over East - is that how it works?

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    I got the tour version with highway runs in mind. Prince Edward Island's top speed on the highways is 90km/h where as the Trans Canada Highway on the mainland is 110km/h. I found that the tour screen doesn't provide much help for buffeting once you hit the higher 110-120 speeds. I'm sure how tall you sit on the bike will make a difference, but like I've mentioned before, I could have just as easily gone with the sport version knowing what I know now.

My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    Here is a picture of the National Cycles V Shield tinted sports screen.
    Slightly hard to mount, I had to get some longer bolts for the top brackets.
    This screen was made for the M90 but also fits European / Canadian / Australian delivered m50s.
    Photo was taken in front of a band shell (for the riding game reborn thread on the M50 forum).
    I have Cooleys two inch risers fitted.

Attachment 26399

My experience is that this screen markedly reduces buffeting on the body when riding, but slightly increases it around the helmet area.
    Bike seems to be more stable.
    Hey I see you you've got Cooley's risers on....I've just sent him a message to see costs involved to getting here and whether they fit our bike - so you've answered the question as to fit - were they easy enough to fit.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lison View Post
    Hey I see you you've got Cooley's risers on....I've just sent him a message to see costs involved to getting here and whether they fit our bike - so you've answered the question as to fit - were they easy enough to fit.
    Yes, Cooley's risers were reasonably easy to fit... I felt they improved the ride

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    I picked up Cooley's risers for my bike as well. I haven't made the time yet to put them on but I imagine it should be a fairly easy process. The hard part will be cracking the lock-tight on the riser bolts. I can also attest to the new Cooley Chin fitting our bikes very nicely... it really brings out personality of the bike in my opinion. Great fit.

Ads