Motorcycle Forum banner

2010 M50 windshields

21K views 57 replies 15 participants last post by  AfterDarker 
#1 ·
Just to see what is available for the new style bike? national cycle doesn"t have anything yet thx

#2 · (Edited)
suzuki ca and uk both show a fork mounted windsheild available. and man are they proud of them ( $400+)
99000-99074-83n - tall
99000-99074-83n - short

us aftermarket is behind on them since they havent made it to the states yet. ( i think vii said hawaii might have them)
it looks like national cycle pulled the vstream off their site. i remember seeing it listed as the same part no from the m90.
neither memphis shades or customworld seem to have anything either.

i think the suzuki option is it for now. might be able to squeeze some bar mounted shields on there w/o cutting.

#7 ·
I've got the V-Stream Tour dark tint... looks good on the bike, but the fitment arround the headlight cowl causes buffetting.. Doesn't bother me much but then i'm a wind in my face kinda guy.

<-- is that picture enough? I have a photo album on here, I'd link to it if I knew how.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the how to. Took these right after i put the v-stream on, i've since move the windshield up as far as the clamps would go on the forks. Nicest looking screen i've seen so far on this style M50 IMO.

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
Hey Quazievil, looks great, been doing serious searching for a windshield. Is this the v-stream 28208 or 28209 - I sent an email to National Cycles but they wont guarantee fit, so if this is what you ordered, then I will get something similar on Ebay (for a bit less) but just wanted to confirm that it definitely fits the Aussie M50 and it's not too hard a job to fit on.

Thanks

#11 ·
It's actually the tour screen, and yes, keeps the wind off your frame so it makes highway runs more enjoyable. Even though it's a 22 inch screen because of the way it attaches it's not as tall as a typical screen would be at that measurement.
I've read on the m90 and the 109 forums where some guys have attached the screens lower bolts directly to the headlamp cowl for a tighter fit. This apparently reduces buffeting and raises the angle of the screen and therefore changes it's height and does a better job of lifting the airflow over the helmet. Not sure how successful that would be with the M50 though since our headlamp cowl is smaller... But I love the screen.

#12 ·
Thanks for the information Quazievil. I'm going to try the V-Stream Sports screen as a new year's present to self. Here in Sydney AU it's a little a warmer than your part of the world (I just looked up Wikipedia; Prince Edward Island looks like a wonderful place) plus I'm a short ass - so I can probably get away with a shorter screen.

I'll fit it and show it and compare notes in the new year.

Have a good Xmas!

#13 ·
Here is a picture of the National Cycles V Shield tinted sports screen.
Slightly hard to mount, I had to get some longer bolts for the top brackets.
This screen was made for the M90 but also fits European / Canadian / Australian delivered m50s.
Photo was taken in front of a band shell (for the riding game reborn thread on the M50 forum).
I have Cooleys two inch risers fitted.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

My experience is that this screen markedly reduces buffeting on the body when riding, but slightly increases it around the helmet area.
Bike seems to be more stable.

#16 ·
Here is a picture of the National Cycles V Shield tinted sports screen.
Slightly hard to mount, I had to get some longer bolts for the top brackets.
This screen was made for the M90 but also fits European / Canadian / Australian delivered m50s.
Photo was taken in front of a band shell (for the riding game reborn thread on the M50 forum).
I have Cooleys two inch risers fitted.

View attachment 26399

My experience is that this screen markedly reduces buffeting on the body when riding, but slightly increases it around the helmet area.
Bike seems to be more stable.
I used a small wood clamp to help pull the top bracket together enough for the original bolts to thread in. Your bike looks good, I love that orange colour but wasn't an option for the 2011's fast blue and faster black were the only options. :)

#15 ·
Watch ebay closely. I lucked out big recently when I was the only bidder on a Suzuki shield for $112 shipped. The seller was a dealership that bought out the inventory from a closed dealership's auction. These retail for nearly $400. I have yet to install it because the weather has been up and down the scale. When a day is decent I take off rather than mod. I have a few projects waiting to personalize.

#20 ·
Welcome to this forum!
There is much knowledge tucked away in here and some very helpful people, especially good for the M50.
I have an N2808 (sports tinted) fitted on my own M50. Good but not great would be my short verdict, as I still get a bit of buffeting around the helmet but overall ride stability is noticeably better. Slightly fiddly to fit, had to bend the brackets.

#21 ·
Hello and welcome Lison.

I have the 28209 dark tint tour V-Stream. the Aussie and Canadian M50 is one in the same. So it will fit but like I mentioned, I had a hard time with the top two brackets and used small wood-clamps to pull them in close to thread the bolts through. I love the windshield, nothing else out there fits the look and style of our M50. I do get some buffeting at high speeds, but I was really only looking to get the wind of my chest. I probably could have easily gone with the 28208 sport version.

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys...will look at both the 28208 & 28209 and more than likely purchase one with the next pay.

I will show the other half your posts so he knows what he's in for when he fits the windshield

Heading over East at the end of the year, MotoGP here we come...so need to start buying little bits and pieces throughout the year.

#25 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

For comparison, the V-stream Tour, as apposed to Dark's sport version.

Minus the pretty girls and solar powered dude.

#27 ·
I got the tour version with highway runs in mind. Prince Edward Island's top speed on the highways is 90km/h where as the Trans Canada Highway on the mainland is 110km/h. I found that the tour screen doesn't provide much help for buffeting once you hit the higher 110-120 speeds. I'm sure how tall you sit on the bike will make a difference, but like I've mentioned before, I could have just as easily gone with the sport version knowing what I know now.

#30 ·
I picked up Cooley's risers for my bike as well. I haven't made the time yet to put them on but I imagine it should be a fairly easy process. The hard part will be cracking the lock-tight on the riser bolts. I can also attest to the new Cooley Chin fitting our bikes very nicely... it really brings out personality of the bike in my opinion. Great fit.

#31 ·
AfterDarker, what bags do you have in that picture anyways? I've been looking for a good size set of hard bags with out spending an arm and a leg, so far the Mutazu MU bags are at the top of the list.

#35 ·
The bags I got are from Hardstreet
HARDSTREET SADDLEBAGS HOME PAGE
They are made in the USA.
Fitting is reasonably good but they have ridiculous warnings, don't go over 80 mph and don't carry more than 7lbs!!

I fitted additional bolts and washers and have had them on up to 170 kmh flat chat. They look good and are lockable.
So what happens at 80 mph? Do they hit the time warp from the flux capacitor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.