Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 s83

My Bike(s)
    None yet!

2007 s83

Hi,

I am looking to get a new bike after having not owned one for about 10 years. My last bike was a Kawasaki Vulcan 750cc and was a blast to ride but sold it after I left the Navy. Fastforward to now, I am 38 years old and 5'9" tall, 215# or so, lol. My boss at work has a bike he is looking to sell as he has never ridden it......2007 Suzuki Blvd S83 Blue original paint. Here is the kicker.......it has only 98 miles on it! He bought it brand new, tried to ride it a couple times and decided motorcycles were not for him. It has sat in his garage since then and says he starts it weekly. It sounds like he is looking for the $4000 range for the bike. He says it look like it did on the showroom floor. Is this too good a deal or something to be afraid of as it has sat so long with no miles on it? Are these good bikes for getting back into riding? I commute back country roads about 15 miles each way to work and am looking for a bike to do this with. Any comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    09 FatBob, 09 M50
    its a big for a learner bike, depends on how "rusty" you are. the big issue is age, at the very least your'll want to replace the tires, at that age they're at the age where the rubber has started to degrade. hoses and other rubbery bits as well. fluids ( oil gas brakes) will need to be replaced as they have a finite shelf life that is long past. so 600 mile service and again in 600 miles ( since breakin isnt done) + tires + random other bits. check the tank for rust as well.

personal business w/ friends is often more complicated than it should be.

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    The low seat hight will be a plus for getting back into riding. It is a 5 year old bike but it has been inside for almost all of it's life so the normal effects of sunlight on parts will be much less than if it were ridden. Assuming it was kept in a closed garage most of the time.
    I like those bikes, the only negetive for my riding style is the small gas tank. One day last week I rode about 235 miles at moderate speed and still had a gallon of gas left in the tank when I stopped to fill up at the end of the trip (56MPG on my GSX).

old codger
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

My Bike(s)
    None yet!

Here are some pictures of the bike for sale. Thanks for all the replies so far.

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Yeah just listen to the guys here and on intruderalert as far as maintenance goes...I love my '02! If you're just going to be cruising and commuting I'd leave the carbs and pipes stock...these bikes can be a tuner/tweaker's Pandora's box.
    2k8 SE, 2k5 Red Parts, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Suzuki OEM Passenger Floorboards, 28" Drag Bars, Ken's 1" Spacers, 2nd Gen Chin Spoiler, Undertail Eliminator Kit, Relocated Turn Signals and Tag, Morton's Violators, K&N Drop In, PC-V retrofit, De-Paired, Custom Headlight, Blacking out the Chrome, Found better brakes - just have to get them on!!!

My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard s83
    I have a 2005 s83 i just bought it february. It has 4900 miles on it. I drove it for a total of 5 days in 8 months. It has been in the shop 4 times and has left me stranded twice. Maybe i just got a lemon. The bike is a good size for you, ur a big dude and its low to the ground. Take it on a long test drive, my problems all started with one little hiccup.

My Bike(s)
    2007 suzuki s83
    I bought a 2007 s83 as a learner bike. Im 5'8 which makes the bike height perfect for me. At a bit over 500 lbs ive never felt like the bike was heavy but i am still young and exercise often. I have never had any problems with the bike aside from my horrid luck with flat tires. You will need to choke the bike at the slightest cold spell. The bike has plenty of acceleration for in town riding and a decent amount of passing power on the interstate.Ive even taught the gf how to ride using this bike. Aside from a slow motion droping of the bike everything went smoothly. My only complaint is that if you wish to add anything other then stock parts for this bike you will likely be disappointed.

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki vl1500lc, Suzuki vs1400
    I learnt to ride on this bike and still have one having done about 30 000km now. I'm same height as you and 170lbs and am comfortable on it. It's light and very powerful but being a chopper style is quite heavy to turn in slow town riding, however comuting country roads are a breeze.
    MAINTENCE is the key to trouble free riding for me. Someone mentioned rust in the fuel tank - yes this is an issue and started for me soon after getting the bike new. To overcome this i always leave the tank full. My mechanic says if you don't start the bike every say 10 days then we routinely whip off the carbs and clean out. Sounds an overkill but i can tell you i never have running issues that other riders have like back firing/missing, hard starting etc.
    Oh just seen that this thread is 8 months old - wondering if Barticus did get the bike??????

Ads