New to the Suzuki world, old rider
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki 2015 C90T

New to the Suzuki world, old rider

Just purchased a 2015 C90T, and am really enjoying the machine. I have had many bikes, been riding since 1963, bought my first bike in 66. I started small, 100cc, worked up to a 350 street Honda in 68. Since then, I have had 1971 Triumph Tiger, 1978 Kawasaki 750, took a break because of X-wife, 2003 Yamaha 650 Classic, 2005 Yamaha 1100 Classic, 2007 Honda 1300, 2009 Honda 1100, 2012 Honda Fury 1300, 2016 Yamaha 950 Bolt, and now the Boulevard.

As you can tell, I have never been in the Suzuki world, and I really need some help here. I have been on a lot of sites, looking to gain knowledge of the C90T, VL1500B/T, and when I find something, after reading a bit, I figure out that they are talking about the older version, carbs and such. I have the first service coming up, and having wrenched many a bike, it really erks me to pay them to touch my machine, because I have caught many a mech being very sloppy. (Wife picked up a Harley (New) and drove it home from the dealership with 8 pounds of air in front and rear tires. 60 friggin miles. Now, I might have a leak in rear tire, but, I found the stem was not installed tight, did a 3/4 turn to tighten it up and could not find any leaks with soapy water. Oh well, time will tell.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Welcome.
    So what are you asking exactly ??

Most any fuel injected engine requires very little routine maintenance.....except oil changes (in the shaft drive too) and spark plug changes and filters (air and fuel).
    If you don't have an owner's manual, get one.

You do NOT have to take it to a shop to maintain your warranty as long as you document the required maintenance when YOU do it.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    WHS^ I just did the 10k service on my bike...simply signed the service sheet 'by owner' and kept the receipt for oil/filter and crush washer for the sump plug. Most of the service items are simple checks and a dab of grease on linkages etc...they almost always put too much grease on the chain which ends up being flicked off all over the place plus I know what has been done.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    CBF600SA
    Welcome to the forum and WOW, you have been through a lot of different bikes and manufacturers.

At comments on which manufacturer's bike gave you the most pleasant experience.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    One of my favourite bikes was a 1979 Suzuki GS 750...fun bike to ride for some reason....nicest looking of the 750's too...IMO
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2016 Suzuki C90T BOSS
    I have a 2016 C90T bought new last summer, when I traded a 2003 Intruder that was bought new in 2003. Like you I do my own stuff and the C90 is allot easier to work on, because there is very little to do.

Like mentioned before, there is very little to do on these new machines. I do buy the stock Suzuki oil filter, but I use Royal Purple Synthetic for both engine and final drive. I would recommend picking up the Suzuki filter wrench, as it makes life allot easier than using an off the shelf version.

On my first service I also checked tightness in all bolts, air pressure, etc and all was good, but I did have to do a small throttle adjustment as there was a little to much slack. YOUTUBE is great for the how to's. KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS AND RECORD YOUR SERVICE IN YOU OWNERS MANUAL. There is a record page in the back.

Do you have the blacked out version?

Sponsored Links