Motorcycle Forum banner

Suzuki S83 Boulevard

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  S83 
#1 ·
How comfortable is the S83 Boulevard for a second passenger?
Thanks!
Sky

#4 ·
For the most part you are correct, but I had a passenger who loved being on the bike so any percieved discomfort was a non issue. I eventually added a cpl additions to make it more comfy for passengers. Backrest extension, passenger peg lowers and Suzuki Gel seat

S83 said:
The passenger seat on the S83 is better than some not as good as others. 2 up riding isn't one of the S83's stronger points as far as comfort. Prefer the C90 for 2 up comfort. This of course just my opinion.

#5 ·
I've been considering the Suzuki Gel Seat. I like the Suzuki Gel Seat on my brothers C90 although I thought his factory seat was pretty good. Did you find the Suzuki Gel Seat an improvement for both rider and passenger?

My daughter would ride on my bike all day. My wife on the other hand, hopefully would find the Gel Seat an improvement.

#6 ·
Believe it or not I found the stock 1400 seat comfy. I added the backrest extension and hated it as I felt isolated from my passenger. The peg lowers were not only good for the passenger but for me as they lowered the rear pegs enough that I could hook my feet on them for a rest. The Gel Seat has yet to be used. :rolleyes: I picked it up for a great price $125.00US, but that bike is now a "poseur" machine. It's strictly a toy and will hopefully never see rain. :cool:

S83 said:
I've been considering the Suzuki Gel Seat. I like the Suzuki Gel Seat on my brothers C90 although I thought his factory seat was pretty good. Did you find the Suzuki Gel Seat an improvement for both rider and passenger?

My daughter would ride on my bike all day. My wife on the other hand, hopefully would find the Gel Seat an improvement.

#7 ·
I don't have a problem with the stock seat for me. Just a few passenger complaints on the back seat. The back rest did help, though. No more than I have a passenger will probably just save my money and leave the stock seat on. I like riding solo more anyway. :)

#8 ·
If you check the VS1400/S83 Info & Spec page on my site, you'll see a link to a backrest extension that goes on top of your backrest. It will make it even more comfy for your passenger. Your backrest was an option, but it used to be standard equipment

S83 said:
I don't have a problem with the stock seat for me. Just a few passenger complaints on the back seat. The back rest did help, though. No more than I have a passenger will probably just save my money and leave the stock seat on. I like riding solo more anyway. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.