Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    My Bike(s)
    '05 C50 Boulevard

Power Commander vs. cobra Fi200R vs. Techlusion Tfi control

Hi everbody,

I am new to these forums and need some advice. I recently bought a '05 C50 Boulevard which has V&H shortshots on it. The Bike is running lean as expected and I want to put on a FI controller. The three modules I have heard most about are the Power Commander III, Cobra's Fi200R and the Techlusion TFi controller. Both the Fi2000R and the Techlusion Tfi are comparatively priced while the PC III is about $100 more expensive.

What is the best choice for my application or is their much of a difference between these FI controllers. I also will change my air filter from stock to K&N during this upgrade.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Hangin' On For Dear Life

My Bike(s)
    2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
    Dallas, Texas Directly above the center of the earth.
    The Techlusion has more adjustability. I'm quite pleased with mine.
    Real Men Drift on Two Wheels.

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C50 Silver and Gray
    All will make your bike richer and run better. How dialed in do you want to get it? The PC3 can be set more percisly, that is why I chose it. I haven't get it on the Dyno yet, but I plan to next year. The picture below is the stock map of a PC3. Do you really think that a unit with 4 pots has the capabilities that this does with that many changeable setting? Contact Frank at this site and see if he does internet sales. SR-Tuning He has good prices on PC3's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power Commander vs. cobra Fi200R vs. Techlusion Tfi control-pc3map.jpg  
    2006 C50 Silver and gray, Cobra Tall Sissy Bar, K&N Air filter, Suzuki bags, Custom Driver's Back Rest, Memphis Fats 19" windshield with lowers, added a 2nd horn, Power Commander PC3 USB, and Cobra Freeway bars.

Mitch

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C50 Silver and Gray
    Quote Originally Posted by UBC_Doc
    Hi everbody,

I am new to these forums and need some advice. I recently bought a '05 C50 Boulevard which has V&H shortshots on it. The Bike is running lean as expected and I want to put on a FI controller. The three modules I have heard most about are the Power Commander III, Cobra's Fi200R and the Techlusion TFi controller. Both the Fi2000R and the Techlusion Tfi are comparatively priced while the PC III is about $100 more expensive.

What is the best choice for my application or is their much of a difference between these FI controllers. I also will change my air filter from stock to K&N during this upgrade.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Welcome by the way.

Short Shots! Can you post a picture? I email V&H about the short shots and they said they didn't and were not going to make then for the C50.

Frank, the owner of that site tunes bikes for a living. He recommends changing the "air intake" when you change pipes. He said that the K&N really don't do much at all for you over the stock filter because the neck of the intake limits the air coming into the engine. He mentioned that a aftermarket intake, pipes, and dyno tuned PC3 makes a BIG difference on our bikes.
    2006 C50 Silver and gray, Cobra Tall Sissy Bar, K&N Air filter, Suzuki bags, Custom Driver's Back Rest, Memphis Fats 19" windshield with lowers, added a 2nd horn, Power Commander PC3 USB, and Cobra Freeway bars.

Mitch

My Bike(s)
    '05 C50 Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
    Welcome by the way.

Short Shots! Can you post a picture? I email V&H about the short shots and they said they didn't and were not going to make then for the C50.

Frank, the owner of that site tunes bikes for a living. He recommends changing the "air intake" when you change pipes. He said that the K&N really don't do much at all for you over the stock filter because the neck of the intake limits the air coming into the engine. He mentioned that a aftermarket intake, pipes, and dyno tuned PC3 makes a BIG difference on our bikes.
    Hey Cajun,

Sorry, I meant to type straight shots not short shots. I was leaning towards the PCIII but I am hoping to do some other mods and was thinking of saving a couple of bucks. Probably will just suck up the extra cost of the PCIII for the extra tuning capability.

I will consider changing out my air intake (maybe a thunder mfg kit)

I see you have a Memphis Fats 19". I was looking at getting a 17". Do you look over your windshield or through it? I am 5'9" and I want to look over the windshield when I ride.

I took the All Bran Challenge
    My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    UBC

There is another alternative, which is to get your bike flashed.
    Around $75, or have a custom map done with the assist of a dyno tuner.

A Canadian Flag and UBC leaves me to believe you are from this area.

I am running Techclusion and a K&N with stock pipes. Happy with it.

My Bike(s)
    '05 C50 Boulevard
    Thanks Blackie,

Does your techlusion plug directly into the FI sockets (like Harley module) or did you have to splice wires?

Canuck to the core! Temporarily living in Florida....Just outside Daytona Beach (can't beat the riding here). Will definitely be at biketoberfest later this week!!!!!

Will be heading home tor Kelowna next summer.

Thanks for the info.

My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    The harness did not work.
    This was last year, I do not know if there has been an update on the harness.

There was a article on Dynojet Power Commander VS. Cobra Fi2000 VS. Techlusion TFI - Total-Fuel

My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    I had my instal done by the shop on my first service.
    It took away the slight lean condition and gave me a little better throttle response. It is easy to adjust as I had it mounted under the right side cover, no removing seat to adjust, just leave side cover off till adjustments done.

Having said that I have never had to adjust as the mechanic worked by phone with manufacter and test rode for long test ride.

My settings are left to right. 3-1-2-4

If you use the search function on this site you will come up with several threads. I think the M50 forum was real active around the time I had it done.
    July 2005.

Enjoy your riding season, has been raining last couple days.
    Cold riding around the Fraser River and Vedder Mountain.

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C50 Silver and Gray
    Quote Originally Posted by UBC_Doc

I see you have a Memphis Fats 19". I was looking at getting a 17". Do you look over your windshield or through it? I am 5'9" and I want to look over the windshield when I ride.

I'm 5'6" tall and I wish I would have got the 21". I look over it. Their mounting system keeps the shield at the same angle as the forks and there is only about 1 inch of up or down adjustment. A good height is the bridge of your nose. I feel like I'm looking over it a little too much, especially when I get caught in the rain or the wind is blowing stuff around.

Have you seen the short shots? Man I wish they made them for our bikes.

Mitch

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    Buell XB12Ss Lightning
    The Techlusion is good for certain applications. Remember that it will only add fuel, not be abe to take any away. Once you run the bike for a bit, then have it tuned, you may find that adding a pipe doesn't make the entire AFR curve lean, it can actually go rich in some spots, which is where it will not be able to help.

I am not sure of the others that you posted, but they may be similar. You need to find someone with actual tuning software if you want to fine tune it and subtract fuel in some areas. Heck, I added an exhaust to my bike and had a dyno done on it and turns out, it gets pig rich in the low end, looks great in the midrange, then starts getting rich at high RPMs again, which is actually quite normal for vehicles, as you don't want any chance of detonation from lack of fuel at those high RPMs

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C90T
    Quote Originally Posted by drgibson
    The Techlusion has more adjustability. I'm quite pleased with mine.
    I was considering one of these as well as the power commander. Coming from Carbs, I'm not super familiar with FI Bikes. Would this be something you would have to tune on the go ie: ride it at this setting, then adjust etc.? Or are there pre set settings.

Sorry for my ignorance.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I don't care if it's the unholy four, John Wayne and Dorothy Lamour
    I just don't wanna talk to him now......

Hangin' On For Dear Life

My Bike(s)
    2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
    Dallas, Texas Directly above the center of the earth.
    There tech support wil give you settings for what ever application you want. I have two specifically foer my bike whit the pipe & air kit I have. One is for best fuel economy and the other is for max performance.
    Real Men Drift on Two Wheels.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Black 04 Marauder 1600
    If you plan to wring out every last hp and you would need to pay for dyno time to do that, get the PCIII, otherwise the TFI is the ticket!

Problems adjusting FI2000R on a C90T 2007 Suzuki

I'm a new member and want to say Hi to everyone. Hope someone can help me with my problem. I had Cobra pipes installed last year. Got a lot of popping on decel. It was recommended that I have a FI2000r installed. I had that done. Since then my MPG went down drastically and pipes were very black with carbon. Next we installed a different filter and have been lowering the setting on the controller. We are way off the setting that were set by the factory. Any suggestions on how to properly set this controller. We've called Cobra and they weren't much help.

Jim

Ads