Motorcycle Forum banner

Advice on 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

18K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  blackie1491 
#1 ·
I have owned Honda Shadows and have been very pleased with their performance. I have been looking for one and came across a 07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. Very lean bike. I also came across a 02 Vulcan 800 with 6000 miles on it for $3900.

Can someone advise which is the better of the bikes, as I have never owned a Kawaski, but really like the looks of the custom.

Happy Motoring.
D

#4 ·
i have an 06 900 classic, which is basically the same bike from the gas tank down. it is a good bike, no problems at all, and it has quite a bit of power. it's got a fatboy kinda look to it, beach bar style handlebars, and it sits pretty low. great street cruiser, but i wouldn't take it on long trips even if you added bags. if you're going two up, you probably should both be small or medium sized at the most. anything else i can hep with, let me know.

#10 ·
Went to buy the Vulcan - came home with a Suzuki M50!

Better ground clearance - tubeless tyres, shaft drive, and 30% less price!

Friend stayed with original plan - we have ridden for about 8000 kms each, both of us are happy with our bikes.

VN900 seems to be a little less nimble, especially at low speeds.
High speed sweepers show up the ground clearance issue.

#11 ·
ground clearance is bad on the custom as well? i've read that it sucks on the classic, but though that the custom would be noticeably better. blimey...

up here the price diff isn't that big - around 8700 for the m50 and 9500 for the v900. looks like suzuki is doing a better job in oz!

#12 ·
GregR1 said:
ground clearance is bad on the custom as well? i've read that it sucks on the classic, but though that the custom would be noticeably better. blimey...

up here the price diff isn't that big - around 8700 for the m50 and 9500 for the v900. looks like suzuki is doing a better job in oz!
Last year Newmarket Suzuki was selling the 06 M50's for $6995. Got mine for $7300 before I saw the 6995 deal !

#13 ·
When I bought my bike last Nov 06, the VN900 was a new bike, and the M50 had some runouts before the new model came.

dealers were standing around insisting they wouldn't discount the VN and were supposedly selling all they could get at 16500 ride away.
My mate paid 14300.
I paid 10,000 OTD for the M50.

Kawasaki dealers stand their ground
Suzuki dealers help you own one.

#15 ·
Looking for 800 classic mufflers

THe 800 classic I bought had Vance and hines stright shots, no baffles in them, too loud,, I bought baffles and put in the pipes, but it is still too lould. Where is the best place to pick up some mufflers or some type of baffles to make the bike run with a little less noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.