Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    1998 Suzuki Intruder 1500

2004 Suzuki Intruder 1400

I've found a 2004 Intruder 1400 for under $4000, perfect condition, low mileage...but I have been unable to find hardly any reviews or road tests about it online. Anyone out there own one, tested one, read anything about them? I'm trying to find as much research as possible, but not having much luck. What do you guys and gals know about them?

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

I took the All Bran Challenge
    My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    Try here for info.

Moccs Place

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki S83, 1989 Goldwing
    I have the 2005 version, which I bought used last year. I have put about 6000 miles on it so far and here are a few of my observations:
    It has a lot of power. Passing other vehicles at highway speeds is a snap, even with a passenger on board.
    It is physically kind of small for a cruiser. I like that for riding solo, but it seems a little cramped for riding 2-up. If you are 6' or taller, you may feel cramped even riding solo.
    Service items are easy. I also have a Kawasaki Vulcan, and the Suzuki is much easier to work on. An example is checking engine oil. The Suzuki has a dipstick. The Kaw has a sight gauge, and you need someone to hold the bike vertical while you get on the floor to see the gauge.
    It is cold-blooded. This past winter, it took quite a bit longer than the Kaw to get warmed up. Throttle response seemed stiff for the first few miles. Not sure why. I don't notice this when the temps are above 40F.
    I've had an issue with the battery terminals coming loose twice. Have heard that this is a common problem.
    With the bike being so narrow and light, response to the slightest counter-steering action is very quick. This makes it very easy to avoid road-kill and other hazards.
    The gas tack capacity sucks. I go about 130 miles between fill-ups.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    05 Honda Rebel and 05 Suzuki S50
    Never been on the 1400, but if it's anything close to my 800 it's a gret bike. check out: IntruderAlert Cafe they can tell you everything you want to know.

Handlebar Consultant
    My Bike(s)
    2002 ACE
    I have ridden a 94 model and it is a pretty good ride. I wasnt happy with the handlebar layout but other than that it is a great ride. The 94 was only a 4 speed so the newer one should be excellent.
    There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    several
    The Intruder 1400 is a great bike, very reliable with a great reputation. I have one in the driveway with 38,000+ trouble-free miles on it.
    You MUST obey the pug dog!

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    1998 Suzuki Intruder 1500
    I appreciate your help guys! Knew I could count on you.

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Intruder 1400
    I have a 98 intruder 1400 and love it i have over 40,000 mi and the only trouble i have had with it is the tail light bracket broke and jammed the tail light and lisence plate between the swing arm and the rear tire.

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    1999 vs800 intruder
    ...don't let azwilsons licence plate/tail light problem scare you...the Intruder is a great bike. We own two of them, a 1994 VS800 (wife's) and a 1999 VS800 (mine).

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki S83
    I have the 06. Love it. Now if it will ever stop raining, I can ride it.

Jim
    Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints!!!

Ads