Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard S83

Question Adjustable Highway bars...the tireless search

Hello everyone,
    I'm hoping someone already solved this problem that I am making myself crazy over. I have an '05 Boulevard S83. I'm 6'4" and 240 lbs. I need some leg room.

I'm searching for a nice adjustable highway peg, but don't really want engine guards. I have found a "moustache" style that seems ideal. But they only seem to be for Harley's . The others I like are less adjustable or not as "substantial". Anybody have any thoughts?

Here's what I'm looking for.

Granpa's Motorcycle Products

Turns out grandpa can't make them for a Suzuki Blvd

[URL="http://www.customdynamics.com/harley_highway_pegs.htm#Adjustable%20Mustache%20Ba r%20for%20Softail%20and%20Dyna"]
    (see # 7862)
    I'm about to send them an email to see what size those clamps are.

Thanks in advance.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    several
    MC Enterprises makes exactly what you are looking for: Thier website.

Select Suzuki, then VS1400, and then Intruder 1400- they fit your S83 perfectly. The highway bar with pegs is about halfway down the page. You have a choice of 4 different pegs styles too.
    Last edited by DrBob; 07-03-2008 at 10:05 AM.
    You MUST obey the pug dog!

My Bike(s)

Highway pegs...the tireless search

DrBob - Thanks for the insight. I had discovered these ones made by MC on a couple of websites. And they are "so close" to what i want. These ones are somewhat adjustable in that you can slide them up and down on the frame and then clamp them. The ones I see for Harleys also have the ability to swivel the bar to create even more adjustment. These MC ones are welded at a certain angle. I'm starting to think these are going to be as good as I can get. The price is low enough for me to just get em and at least see how they work. Thanks for taking the time.

Handlebar Consultant
    If you've got room on your frame for some clamps, you can also look at Kuryakyn stuff. They make a lot of clamps for 1" and 1.25" pipe and have a whole range of extensions, pegs, etc. that should let you put a peg exactly where you want it.

I personally went with an engine guard with some longhorn extensions and dually iso pegs. With that setup you can put the pegs just about anywhere you want them.
    Current Mods/Accessories: OEM short sissy bar, MC Enterprises crash bar, Mustang Vintage Wide Touring seat, Kuryakyn Dually Iso highway pegs + Longhorn mounts, Highway Hawk floorboards, Tsukayu Corner hard bags, Memphis Shades Pop-Top with modified mounts, Kuryakyn GranTour bag for the long trips

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Bandit, '09 Wee Strom
    Grandpa can't make them or won't make them?? Maybe try going to your local machine/fab shop. Explain to them what you want and see if they can fix you up. It looks like a fairly simple part.

Actually they really look like bicycle handle bars. Might not be a bad idea, already chromed and all you would need would be a bracket.

My Bike(s)
    frostbitevinnie asked "Grandpa can't make them or won't make them?". Not really sure on that, but he said "can't". Looks like a pretty custom clamp he had designed and the frame on the HD seems to be at a different angle then the Boulevard.

Anyways, I decided to take the advise of DaveAlvarado and researched the Kuryakyn site. The nice thing about their site is they have installation instructions for most items which gives you a little more of a detailed look at the parts.

The Kuryakyn moustache bar made for a Softtail has got clamps for a 1.25" frame and that's what I have on the Boulevard. I actually had to do some good old geometry to make sure. TIP: Take a dollar bill, wrap it around the pipe and mark it with a pencil. Then measure the length and divide by 3.14 (a.k.a. Pi). Turns out my frame was just under 4" around...1.25" diameter.

Anyway, these seem adjustable enough that I can make it work. I won't know for absolute sure until there in my hands. But I placed the order tonight.

Wish me luck and thanks for the suggestions!!!

I might be a newbie, but now I am a "forum fan".

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2010 UltraGlide
    Quote Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    <SNIP... I placed the order tonight.SNIP>
    Don't forget to post some pics after your installation.
    Keith

...trying to keep the up side up...

Vita incerta, mors certissima

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    1999 vs800 intruder
    Get the bars that Dr. Bob pointed out, then get some adapters to fit some Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset highway pegs to them.

My Bike(s)
    Well after waiting a month - my highway bars from Kuryakyn finally arrived. I purchased them along with some nice HD pegs from Cruiser Customizing. They were made for a Harley Davidson Softtail (pn 7861). They had a 1.25" diameter clamp which was the determined size of my down tubes on the front frame. So, I decided to give it a shot. It took a little finagling - I had to put the RH clamp on the LH side and vice-versa. But, their on with no safety hazards. They look great and I can already tell I'll be able to stretch out quite a bit. I just finished the install tonight and an oil change. I plan to take a cruise tomorrow and really give them a test ride - probably some fine tuning of position after that. I'll try to take some pics, but I haven't figured how to post a pic here yet. Thanks for the thoughts!

Ads