Motorcycle Forum banner

Intruder out, maybe Vulcan?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Soupy1957 
#1 ·
What do you guys think of a 1500 Vulcan? 31000 miles owner claims it runs great (have not seen it yet. 2 hours away.) and all I would need to do is passenger floorboards and new bags. $3400 is the asking price.
I do mostly 2 up riding and will be making frequent (weekly) 7 hour rides. Plenty of bike experience. As far as I know this bike still has the plastic oil gear and I will be doing the conversion right away to the metal gear.

I have never ridden or sat on a Kawasaki before. Looking for some insights. Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
I have never ridden or sat on a Kawasaki before. Looking for some insights. View attachment 27616
A bike is a bike is a bike.

In the end, what others think doesn't matter because you might have a funny shapped ass.......it's a very personal thing as to what you like and what you don't.

Others can advise you of known potential problems but what you LIKE is pretty much up to you. :bluethum:

#4 ·
As with any bike, opinion varies. I've read good and bad about Kawasakis. Never that they are under powered though. In fact if I ever replace my beloved M50 it will probably be with a Kawasaki vaquero. Having said that, it really comes down to what you like, and if what you like outweighs any negatives you feel the bike has. For,
example I love my M50 and don't plan on trading bikes unless it bites the dust, or my wife decides she wants to ride double a lot and on longer trips which is doubtful. So
imho, the pic shows a nice looking bike with 2 wheels. If you like it I'm good with it. :bluethum: Ride safe.

#5 ·
What do you guys think of a 1500 Vulcan? 31000 miles owner claims it runs great (have not seen it yet. 2 hours away.) and all I would need to do is passenger floorboards and new bags. $3400 is the asking price.
I do mostly 2 up riding and will be making frequent (weekly) 7 hour rides. Plenty of bike experience. As far as I know this bike still has the plastic oil gear and I will be doing the conversion right away to the metal gear.

I have never ridden or sat on a Kawasaki before. Looking for some insights. View attachment 27616
All I rode was goldwings 35 yrs,I got a 05 kawasaki 1600 vulcun and won't look back,great bike,try to get it for $3000 and get those floorboards & bags..you will by happy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Since you plan on "two up" riding, the passenger floorboards and the bags will be "must haves," for SURE! I'm still not big on buying privately, even IF the price may be better than a Dealers price. I LIKE having SOME kind of Warranty.

IF the bike were from someone that I knew I could trust to "be there" for me, if something went wrong, I might be a BIT more willing to buy privately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.