Intruder out, maybe Vulcan?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Easy Rider

Thread: Intruder out, maybe Vulcan?

Where Am I ?

Intruder out, maybe Vulcan?

What do you guys think of a 1500 Vulcan? 31000 miles owner claims it runs great (have not seen it yet. 2 hours away.) and all I would need to do is passenger floorboards and new bags. $3400 is the asking price.
    I do mostly 2 up riding and will be making frequent (weekly) 7 hour rides. Plenty of bike experience. As far as I know this bike still has the plastic oil gear and I will be doing the conversion right away to the metal gear.

I have never ridden or sat on a Kawasaki before. Looking for some insights. Intruder out, maybe Vulcan?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340376157.185365.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by R00STER View Post
    I have never ridden or sat on a Kawasaki before. Looking for some insights. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340376157.185365.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	27616
    A bike is a bike is a bike.

In the end, what others think doesn't matter because you might have a funny shapped ass.......it's a very personal thing as to what you like and what you don't.

Others can advise you of known potential problems but what you LIKE is pretty much up to you.
    downinthefrontro likes this.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Where Am I ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    A bike is a bike is a bike.

In the end, what others think doesn't matter because you might have a funny shapped ass.......it's a very personal thing as to what you like and what you don't.

Others can advise you of known potential problems but what you LIKE is pretty much up to you.
    True story. I guess what I'm looking for are people to say "stay away from that year model. It explodes when you turn left." just general issues I don't know about. Or if Kawasaki makes an underpowered 1500.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    2005 boulevard m50
    As with any bike, opinion varies. I've read good and bad about Kawasakis. Never that they are under powered though. In fact if I ever replace my beloved M50 it will probably be with a Kawasaki vaquero. Having said that, it really comes down to what you like, and if what you like outweighs any negatives you feel the bike has. For,
    example I love my M50 and don't plan on trading bikes unless it bites the dust, or my wife decides she wants to ride double a lot and on longer trips which is doubtful. So
    imho, the pic shows a nice looking bike with 2 wheels. If you like it I'm good with it. Ride safe.

Quote Originally Posted by R00STER View Post
    What do you guys think of a 1500 Vulcan? 31000 miles owner claims it runs great (have not seen it yet. 2 hours away.) and all I would need to do is passenger floorboards and new bags. $3400 is the asking price.
    I do mostly 2 up riding and will be making frequent (weekly) 7 hour rides. Plenty of bike experience. As far as I know this bike still has the plastic oil gear and I will be doing the conversion right away to the metal gear.

I have never ridden or sat on a Kawasaki before. Looking for some insights. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340376157.185365.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	27616
    All I rode was goldwings 35 yrs,I got a 05 kawasaki 1600 vulcun and won't look back,great bike,try to get it for $3000 and get those floorboards & bags..you will by happy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    In the 4+ years since this thread was active, I hope he has already made his decision.

Welcome t the forum.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Sponsored Links