Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC

Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC - Bagger Conversion

Hey all:

I have a 2002 Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC with 32,000 on it. Pretty stock in terms of the Black and Chrome look. I love the looks of the HD Ultra Classic, but there's no way I am going to spend that kind of cash.

I am looking to get recommendations for the fairing, hard bags, and rear trunk. I see that several members here have done it, and I would love to hear about their experiences.

My girl rides a Yamaha Vstar 1100, and I might look into some conversion there (after she gets more seat time under her belt. Don't want a drop wrecking all the bling...)

Many thanks for being out there!

Buck

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC
    Wow.... Tons of views, and no replies. I could have sworn I saw a few people on this forum who had done this... Well, thanks anyway....

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    several
    This is a farily common conversion for the 1500LC and C90, and there are as many ways to do it as there are owners. Most put an old batwing fairing from a Harley on it, or the Memphis Shades batwing. If you are interested, I have a friend who has a Memphis Shades fairing already painted black ot match his 1500LC that is for sale- he is upgrading to one with a built in sound system. Ads for bags and a trunk, Harley Raod King or Electra Glide bags are common, or there are dozens of aftermarket hard bags on the market in fiberglass or plastic. Same with the trunk- Harley is common, or there are a bunch of cheap aftermarket ones on Ebay and other outlets.

You will get a bike with a superficial resemblance to an Ultra Classic, but none of the features that make an Ultra and Ultra. No 1600-1800cc engine, no fuel injection, no 6-speed tranny, no 6 gallon tank, no cruise control, sound system, navigation, or stuff like that. But if you prefer a fairing for looks and wind protection, and want lots of lockable storage, converting the 1500LC is a good way to go. For touring, you'd probably want to add a G-Man Industries G-tank to get decent range out of the bike, as the extra weight and drag will reduce the 1500's already short range per tank. A vista-cruise throttle lock will substitute for crusier control to give your hand a rest, and a Pyle Industries sound system can add tunes for about $150. So if you put a grand or so into your LC you can get a great looking bike that is a better touring choice than most.
    You MUST obey the pug dog!

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Intruder 1500 LC
    Hi Dr. Bob:

Well, apologies for the really long delay on this one, but I kinda stopped checking in every 2 hours to see if someone had replied. Thank you for your information packed note. Basically, you described exactly what I am looking for - the "look" of the UC, without the cost. I do love how my 1500 rides.

If your buddy still has that memphis shades bat wing, I'd love to be put in touch with him, to see what he is asking for it. Although, I am interested in the radio/speaker option myself - but I could just retrofit the Shark system I have mounted on my bike now.

If you or another member can recommend a great hard bag (top case / side bags) manufacturer, I'd go for it in a heartbeat. But no one has of yet, and I am loathe to put out that kind of cash without being able to touch and see.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob View Post
    This is a farily common conversion for the 1500LC and C90, and there are as many ways to do it as there are owners. Most put an old batwing fairing from a Harley on it, or the Memphis Shades batwing. If you are interested, I have a friend who has a Memphis Shades fairing already painted black ot match his 1500LC that is for sale- he is upgrading to one with a built in sound system.

I took the All Bran Challenge
    My Bike(s)
    C50SE
    The new 2013 C1500T is now being advertised, it was introduced in Germany.
    Has the M90 mill, 18 lt.(4.8gal) tank, Blacked out, Hardbags, windshield, no back rest.
    There are a few videos on you tubes.

Ads