Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoothest bike

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Yamaha warrior

Smoothest bike

I am just wondering. What is the smoothest riding bike you guys( & gals) have ever ridden on?
    Not including the really big bikes like goldwings since we know those are smooth.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    My 1500LC is pretty smooth,,, but I guess that classifies as a big bike though,, I don't have alot of experience with street bikes,, but the 1500LC is definately a nice cruiser. I did get to ride a V-rod at Bike Week and I thought it was a nice riding bike,, but again,, it also has that nice price tag with it.
    No Signature needed.

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Yamaha warrior
    That's coo! I gues I should have clarified a little better the only thing I am trying to eliminate is 6 cylinders.

Seat Tester
    Most of the in-line fours that I have owned have been very smooth feeling, in terms of not feeling a buzz through the hand grips, foot pegs, or through the seat. These to include '76 Honda CB750, '83 Suzuki GS550 and an '82 Kawasaki KZ750E (son Kirk still riding my '82KZ).
    Conversely, I have not ridden any V-twins that do not give vibration at most any speed, to include my current '05 Suzuki S50 Boulevard.
    Before the Harleys became rubber mounted, they were notorious "rattlers" and we who owned them were used to leaving a trail of parts in our wake. Same goes for the old British twins. A lot of vibration and not at all smooth running. The modern V-twins have less vibration, but do not come up to the smooth feel of in-line fours.
    Steve

Moderatrix
    My Bike(s)
    2004 SV650S
    The FJR1300 that I rode was very smooth!
    SuzukiGirl
    '04 SV650S, Yellow...lovely!!

May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    Sorry,,, I thought you were asking about highway ride,,I.E.- hitting bumps, dips, ruts, etc,,,, yeah when romping down on mine it sends a shudder throughout the bike, body, and brain. I definately get the shudder upon heavy acceleration.
    No Signature needed.

Seat Tester
    Okay, if the question is relating to the road feel of "smooth" or not "smooth". The heavier bikes have the edge, but not much. This, simply because the rider is feeling the road through two wheels, handlebar grips and steel frame, cushioned only by shock damping and the rider's seat. The more "smooth" the bike is made to be, the less the rider can feel the road and therefore control the bike. Even the heaviest bikes that I have ridden let me know every dip or bump in the road. Still, the heavies have the edge in comparing smooth feeling roadway. My last Harley, an '85 FLTC with frame mounted faring felt smooth, when compared to my Suzuki S50. I'll take the feel of the S50 anytime.
    Steve

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Marauder 800
    I think the smoothest one I've ever ridden was my Katana 750. I love my Marauder, but it rattles and vibrates more than anything I've ever ridden. I guess that's attributed to it being a v-twin. My gixxer was almost as smooth as the Kat, but the throttle was really touchy, so it had a bit of jerkiness to it.
    "Rome didn't win wars by holding meetings. They did it by crushing those who opposed them." - unknown

Everyone has a dark side. Mine's just a little closer to the surface.

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Yamaha warrior
    I asked the question and forgot to include mine.
    I have not been on a lot of bikes but the smoothest to date is my neighbors 83 honda cb550 nighthawk. After that probably my ninja 250 then the marauder and last by a mile was my gz250 that thing was horrible at least on the highway.

Wait no my 81 RS250(I think) is the worst old 2 stroke dirt bike. If I were a female I would probably never get off that thing.
    Last edited by viper94bite; 03-30-2005 at 09:41 AM.

Squirrel Target
    My Bike(s)
    Burgman 650 K3- 41,000 miles as of 6-01-14
    Smooth as in Engine or Suspension ?

1975 Suxuki 750 "Water Buffalo" Smooth 3 cyl. 2 cycle

2003 Burgman 650 Smooth 650 twin

The ride or suspension on the Water Buffalo, (from what I remember) was better than the Burg on rougher roads

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Yamaha warrior
    Engine!

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Triumph Tiger, 1999 DR350SE
    Quote Originally Posted by bat4255
    2003 Burgman 650 Smooth 650 twin
    Ya beat me, Bat! (Hmmm. I've been beaten by a bat - and lived to tell. )

Steve

Ads