Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DOD Decals

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (Black)

DOD Decals

I know there are some others that ride on DOD Installations here.

Anyone know of a place I can get a plate to put the DOD Sticker on so that I don't have to put it on the fork of the bike?

Most of the ones that I have found are for inspection stickers and wouldn't be wide enough to fit the DOD Sticker.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Forensic Bug Splatter Analyst.
    My Bike(s)
    02 GSXR 1k
    Me being a McGiver sort would say,"Get the plasitc lid to a coffee can and trim it to shape with some scissors. Punch 4 holes in the corners and then Tie wrap it to the fork." Now you're all set for your sticker!
    Proud Father of a U S Army Soldier...

The key to life is to die young...at a very old age...

Ride like you own the road...and...someday the road will own you..

My Favorite Ride? Tomorrows!

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    02 busa LE
    if you get a plate it must be metal. You could go to Lowe's and buy some cheap sheet metal for it or if you know any fabricators (airframe shop) just have them set one up for you.
    If my busa is so slow in the twisties, why can't you keep up?

Dogs Best Friend(admin)

My Bike(s)
    SOLD
    How big are these stickers? What about an galvanized electrical junction box cover?

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    '03 Marauder 800
    You'd better check with the SPs first. At my base (Air National Guard) after 9/11, anybody with their sticker on a metal plate had it confiscated and replaced with one stuck to the bumper or windshield. The reason given was that the ones on metal plates are too easily stolen.
    "The great object is, that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun." - Thomas Jefferson

May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC

Wink Valid Point!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by md2lgyk
    You'd better check with the SPs first. At my base (Air National Guard) after 9/11, anybody with their sticker on a metal plate had it confiscated and replaced with one stuck to the bumper or windshield. The reason given was that the ones on metal plates are too easily stolen.
    I have been out of the Navy since 1998,, but even then we had restrictions as to how the sticker had to be mounted. If you can get away with a metel plate that is great,, even a plastic one you could get some clear acrylic plastic and make a bolt on piece.

But the catch is every base has it's little quirks. At Mayport Naval Station we were required to have it attached to the front forks. If your forks are steel and a magnet will adhere to it try this......

go to a sign shop where they make magnetic signs,, they will sell you a piece of that thin magnetic background where you could trim it to the size of the sticker,, stick the sticker to it, and the magnet will stick to the forks. If you have aluminum housing then maybe you could some clear laminate or some hevy clear vinyl that you could tie wrap from the rear and then it will appear that the sticker is stuck to the fork,, when ready to remove just snip the tie wraps.......Just a thought.
    No Signature needed.

Ads