Motorcycle Forum banner

Attention M50 owners.....

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  stp1971 
#1 ·
To all you M50 owners. You need to check your front fender mounting bolts for tightness....a friend was looking at mine the other day and noticed that one of hex head bolts was loose, and about to fall out. Last night I tightened it and checked the rest of them. Every single one of them was loose! This could be catastrophic at speed, as the fender could effectively end up under the tire. This has been a public service bulletin. :)

#5 ·
Loctite has a new "Blue" compound like the old blue compound,, except this comes in a wax form similar to a tube of chapstick except a little larger. The blue keeps things tight but also allows you to be able to break it loose. I used it on all the new accessories I just installed and upon checking my floorboards found they were loose also.

#9 ·
I think it is a mass production and a complacent attitude the dealers get at times. They kind of run over things quickily I think,, and they don't always check everything. I would say that you should periodically check the bolts on it. I know that the ones I checked that were loose are now Loctite Blue now. I usually check things after a thousand or so miles.

I wonder about marco's post,,, do you mean that you used Loctite Blue and it didn't work or do you just mean that you started using glue because you found bolts were loose from the dealer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.