Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Suzuki Vinson Oil Specs

I just purchased a 05 Vinson and want to change the oils. I am looking for specs to do this.(eng,trans diff etc) How much do these hold and what oils do I need? I called our local dealer, he said they didnt have a manual for sale and I should bring it in for them to do. Any info would be great. Thanks!

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Where Am I ?
    I just changed the diff. oil in my Vinson this week. To change the diffs you need one quart of oil. The manual says it should be a 90 weight if you live in a place were it is often below freezing and you are going to ride the manual recomends 80 wieght. I replaced my oil with Amsoil fully synthetic SAE 75W-90. When you replace the oil in the rear diff remeber to take out the small bolt on the left side in the middle. Fill untill oil runs out of that hole. The front is straight forward drain fill to top of the large fill/check hole. you have to remove both the skid plate and rear diff gaurd.

I looked at my manual and you are to select engine oil by the temperature wich you are rideing in. If it is never going to get hotter than 90F you can use 5W-30 or 10W-30. If it is not going to get very cold were you live all 40 and 50 weights can be used. I use 10W-40 a good all around oil with strong protection at high heat. I think you need to buy 4 quarts of oil complete this task. There is a label stamped under the oil fill/check hole, this label states how many mL of oil to add I think the number is 2500 mL (2500mL = 2 3/4 quarts of oil). You will also need to change the filter it cost $12 if you buy it from your dealer.

Sorry about all the oil technical terms. Just incase in didnt know an oils weight is always teh secound number. 5W-30 and 10W-30 are both 30 weights.

Hope this helps

Ads