Motorcycle Forum banner

Hey Hammerpete or anyone else that is Victory savy

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Pinhy 
#1 ·
I have a lead on a 2000 V92SC with fenders, wheels and tires to make it more like a V92C. It's bargan priced and I am wondering if there is anything to look for as a problem area.

#2 ·
I had no intention of posting this here. If one of you moderators would move it to the lobby I would appreciate it.

#3 ·
Hey Jerry

I have a buddy with one. Hmm seems no tworries with the first one. he traded that in for a second one with more bling. matter fact he is riding up to Niagra Falls on it right now. Do the usual..check the maintenance log. Other than that..seems to be a great bike.

#4 ·
Jerry.

The tranny is the only area of concern. Not that it is a problem, just the early ones on the Victory's were probably some leftover stock from John Deere!! They were very loud and "clunked" hard into gear. Other than that, I'm not aware of any issues. I've been a Victory fan since day one, and have followed them closely.

#5 ·
intimid8er said:
Jerry.

The tranny is the only area of concern. Not that it is a problem, just the early ones on the Victory's were probably some leftover stock from John Deere!! They were very loud and "clunked" hard into gear. Other than that, I'm not aware of any issues. I've been a Victory fan since day one, and have followed them closely.
Tim my Hammer is clunky shifting also. Straight cut gears are the reason. It is one of those..get familiar with it or let it irritate the heck out of ya.
I tend to ignore it. Matter fact if i don't hear it I know I am not in gear.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. The seller said that it fouled the plugs and he is taking it to the Victory dealer to see what's up with that. He's supposed to call me when they get it fixed so I can see it.

#7 ·
HAMMERPETE said:
Tim my Hammer is clunky shifting also. Straight cut gears are the reason.
Really?

That's a surprise! Everything I've read about the new generation Vic's said it was by and large a problem of the past. I expect a clunky gearbox in a big sonofagun like that, but from what I've heard on the previous ones like Jerry's looking at they were a real b*tch, especially the first to second shift. Hell, my little M makes a lot of noise. All part of the V-Twin experience I guess.

They say those helical cut ones they've been putting in the Harley's and Buell's are pretty slick, but there again, Harley recalled all their '06 six speed Dynas which had the new gears in 'em. They're on the right track though.

I get tired of getting sub-par technology in cruisers.

#8 ·
HAMMERPETE said:
get familiar with it or let it irritate the heck out of ya.
I tend to ignore it. Matter fact if i don't hear it I know I am not in gear.
maybe that same advice could be applied to me and not let irritating things bother you. everyone on here felt the same when i was "quiet" for a couple days, they thought something was wrong with me! hahaha

;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.