Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    1996 R1100GS/Ural Sidecar

In transit, Wilcox, AZ.

You know the drill if you have ever taken a Freeway, in transit as I call it... and most, unfortunately, because of lack of time, somehow wondering why my time has been lacking now suddenly... needing to get from point A to point B as I am doing!
    It finally was a good decision to take Hwy #10... as you might read it in the Blog...

Till then... you all be well... were going...

Ara & Spirit
    A Journey and a Life in progress...
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

The Magic of the Chiracahua's

It rained all night, we, I say we!... slept late... kept raining and there was not much sense going to Tucson trying to find another place to camp... 80 miles away, I thought, leave early tomorrow morning and have a do nothing day!
    Well, the skies cleared up, and actually for the first time I cannot write it all in one Blog!
    So this is part one of what end up being a full day...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

Part II of the Magic of the Chiricahuas...

A quick overnight in Gila Bend, AZ, and here we are now in Anza Borrego, California! I will spell it for the first time...
    A day, or was it two days ago?... returning from the Chiricahuas the sunset was magical... as so was the ride up, all in the Blog.
    Feeling always like a kid in a candy store... that is me today... new maps, new roads with the knowledge that I will be here, in this area anyhow, till it starts warming up a bit...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

Anza Borrego Desert State Park (ABDSP)

Leave some space I always think... with a load like mine the braking effect is just not the same... specially when second in line to a minor fender bender... What was really funny and I wish I had a picture of it, but we had to move along as this happened... We had to wait a while for the accident to be moved. A cop arrives coming the other way... parks and crosses the median by foot...
    They are making some space for us to move along... as we leave... he sprints back to his car as I almost run over him, I look... and the brushes under his car are on fire!!! flames are shooting 3 to 4 feet by the time he reaches the other side... myself wondering what he is going to do... he jumps in the car, gutsy move... and drives it forward! Gets his extinguisher and puts the fire out... his car was not burning... yet! Wonder... wonder... I bet he will never throw that cigarette again down when getting out of his car!!!
    It was down to 19 degrees last night!... I will not complain, I know I am at about the most southern point there could be and everyone else has to be colder. So you will not hear about it... anymore! Instead I will write my day in the Blog, my first day in this unusual State Park...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

This is real Desert, a reminder!

I have not been able to settle since I have been here, unlike other places that I have been, I have dug deeper and deeper and very slowly some mental answers are, vaguely I have to say, taking some various shapes. I watched a short movie this morning at the Visitor Center about the Marshall Family that lived here on Ghost Mountain for 15 years... hiking for 14 miles they brought wood piece by piece to built their home... their water came from miles away 12 gallons at the time... They had 3 children and they end up with a divorce in later years. Can we change so much, from one extreme to another? I miss the simpler years... of course I can go back to them as right now nothing prevails but truly the matters of the mind... ABDSP is an enigma to me as I wonder why it has brought up all these questions in my mind? Is it because it is so vast?... so much land with the freedom to live on it anywhere one likes?... the invitation sure is there... I will probably take it after my stay here in the Park... that is what I have been longing for...
    I got to ride some of those areas today... much land... and much sand!

The Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

Beautiful Southern ABDSP

We had a blast today! Literally... my best day since in ABDSP... and, as someone mentioned it, the Southern part of the Park is it for me! No doubt... I am finding out slowly what attracts me to the land... Vast open spaces, the solitude and the lack of a crowd, unlike Borrego Springs itself.
    Having commitments from the 26th of this month to be in Death Valley and Mojave Desert and backtrack to Gila Bend for a couple days, I know... thanks for the support, it is a tough schedule... I decided to come back here afterward but camp in the Southern part which you will read a bit of it in today’s Blog.

You be well...

Ara and a tired Spirit... snoring as we speak!!!
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

The first bloom in ABDSP...

Busy, busy!... maybe I will take a vacation and “do nothing” someday, and then again, that is just not me!
    From meeting locals in Borrego Springs to picking my next campsite in the wilderness... finally... and getting stuck one more time... it is all in the Blog with of course, more pictures!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

Camping East ABDSP

Out of Borrego Springs this am... into the camping spot I was checking out yesterday... time to put everything to test... and even managed to take a little ride toward Salton Sea... A beautiful HOT day, not a good one for pictures as the haze was real thick, still managed to save some for your viewing on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

A ride to Salton Sea and more...

Heavy winds, deep sand... a couple more days and I will be out of here. Thursday, assuming it is Tuesday today... I will spend the day in Julian, nice black top going up and heard that it is a very cool town...
    In the meantime I checked out Ocotillo Wells, Salton Sea, dinner with new friends...
    All in the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

Another dinner and a ride to Julian, CA.

Even Spirit is getting excited about sunsets, I think!... Or is it because we had company for dinner... This place is starting to feel more and more like home... have to be careful not to get too attached to the land!...

My Blog has been going through some growing pains!... It is called Bandwidth... At first I had to switch, if you remember to texting on SmugMug, then learn a different way to post... and now...
    finally my own Website is all ready to go!

For the first time you will be redirected on it... a little cleaner... same everything as they say...
    much more Bandwidth!

... and still a Blog! The Oasis Of My Soul

Thank you... be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

In Lance’s Memory, October 13th 1978 - January 26th 2004

Much thought has gone into writing and publishing what follows.
    No ride report today... No pictures of Spirit playing or sunrise or sunset.
    I did seek advice, not wanting to be out of context, I hope the moderators will understand. This is a Lifelong Journey on the Road that I have embraced and write about, and as some very good friends of mine wrote to me... “you have been an open book, we all have within ourselves many layers of us, he is part of your Journey, part of your everyday life, there is nothing wrong by dedicating this day’s writing to Lance...”.
    I also know that he will like it, he will be thrilled for all of you to get to know him a bit... because he also was my friend, my buddy... and would have been yours also.

Sincerely, “Thank You” for reading today’s Blog...

Ara
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    Silver/Grey VStar1300
    Thank you for a beautiful post and blog entry. It is hard to put words to the feelings that remain after burying a loved one, especially outside of the expected generational order. It is a part of the journey for many of us, but it is a difficult path.

time4me2ride
    Carpe equus ferrum

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

Last ride in ABDSP

I wanted to show you before I left where all this was being written from!... a few “regulars” are also around, about one mile apart... We visit each other once in a while! I did not realize till today that I have been here exactly 2 weeks!... A couple more great rides today and we are packing to take off, headed North to Mojave Preserve...
    Mostly BLM lands... there will be much to see, ride on hard packed roads... I hope!
    You be well... and many “thanks” for all your support which I received yesterday...
    Your company is most appreciated...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

En route to Mojave Preserve, CA.

On to Mojave Preserve, CA.

I have to say, I think, still a bit unclear... as that person could not speak up in a forward manner... that my sunsets were...?... or?

“Quote”
    Hi Ara,
    Author Terry Pratchett writes of the Discworld where magic works
    and Twoflower (Discworld's first tourist) is pointing his camera at yet
    another sunset when the hatch on the camera top opens and a
    paintbrush-wielding Imp sticks his head out to yell:-
    "Enough with the sunsets! I'm running out of vermilion! "
    Fred Hill, S'toon.

Maybe TV reruns would be more suitable?... I am so confused...
    Sunsets... sunrises... moonsets (is there such a word?...)... moonrises... yes? are a spiritual time which culminates a day’s time period... a ritual... a “bravo”... none, I repeat none... unlike TV reruns, are alike...
    So here is another one!...

Culture shock today... sensory perceptions overloaded... I-10 Southern California, should I say more... find out!

Tomorrow, back in the wilderness...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)

Another Wonder!... Mojave Preserve, CA.

I am speechless having arrived at the Mitchell Caverns! It is like the thoughts in my mind are going 100 miles per hour, overloaded... and I am thinking... how am I going to ever describe this!
    Earlier I explored some of the BLM lands, the trails... the hard packed trails!... with a big smile...
    This is where I could use an Internet Dish!... Some connection, but very weak... I will have to ride 50 to 60 miles and spend a few hours sending out all this... will be well worth the wait!
    I already know that this is where I will spend many weeks... at least a few!
    Again, the pictures are not going to do justice... this is above anything I have ever seen and experienced!... wish you could all be here... I would have loved to see the expression on your faces!
    Enjoy...

Ara & Spirit
    It is all in the BLOG...

The Oasis of My Soul

Our new Photo Gallery...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Ads