Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Selling 56 Panhead

I just joined to see if any one is looking for a Panhead. Being new I have no idea how to do this.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    several
    There is a for sale section of this website. But honestly most folks here are into modern bikes and imports.

Craigs list national, ebay, or cycle trader are better places. Walnecks lists only antiques, and is where most people specifically looking for a pan, shovel, or other old. Model start their search. Look also for shovelhead and panhead specific websites.

You'll get zero interest with a post like this. Pics, more pics, and even more pics. Accurate and detailed description. More pics. Asking price, location of bike. More pics. There is a direct relationship between how many pics you post and how quickly the bike sells. There is also a direct relationship between how much information you include and how likely someone who responds is to actually buy it.
    You MUST obey the pug dog!

When I posted the "Selling 56 Panhead" title it was just to have something to say. I know there is a ton of info that needs to be in an add and I still haven't figured out how to enter it. Remember, I'm the new guy.

Y2K
    No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    Welcome,wish I could afford it I'd love to have a Pan.
    Especially a '56,we'd be the same age.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger1 View Post
    Remember, I'm the new guy.
    Well Mr. New Guy, one thing you might want to do is visit your profile again and take your email address OUT of the place where it says "My Bike(s)".......unless you really want it broadcasted to the whole world every time you make a post.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010

Selling 56 Panhead

Quote Originally Posted by Roger1 View Post
    When I posted the "Selling 56 Panhead" title it was just to have something to say. I know there is a ton of info that needs to be in an add and I still haven't figured out how to enter it. Remember, I'm the new guy.
    Welcome Roger to the forum and, more importantly, welcome to the 21st century.
    I see you have learned some 19th century skills, such as reading, writing and typing. Well done.
    However, to be useful in this century you will need to become familiar with some important inventions from last century, such as the personal computer and the Internet.
    The Internet allows you to access a wide audience and ask all sorts of questions. Many people such as Dr Bob will try to help you. Try not to be brusque or rude with people trying to help you. This is a first century skill that is applicable across the ages.

The 21st century has introduced mobile devices, touch screens and social media. Nowadays 12 year old kids attach images to messages on a daily basis, often using a new invention called Facebook. Uploading photos and detailed information is a daily activity for most first world citizens in this century, so don't be surprised if some people are somewhat dismissive if you cannot demonstrate the skills of an average 12 year old.
    Kids, if you have any, can often help you adapt to new things like the current century.
    Otherwise there may be some community groups that can offer practical help.

Here on the Internet, some people are helpful and some are smart assess, it's a mixed bag.
    Good luck in upgrading your skills to the current century.

Ads