Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 91 600 no spark

My Bike(s)
    91 katana 600

91 600 no spark

Just bought the bike, realizing it's alot worse off than was led to believe. No spark at plugs. coils have power.This bike has sat at least a year. The guy said he started it a month ago. But , judgeing by the bad starter button and nasty condition of the inside of the tank and fuel ,I dought that it ran a month ago. The battery was bone dry. I filled it with water let it sit awhile and then charged it overnight on 2 amps. it has juice, but cranks a bit slow. I use my charger on 10 amps while cranking it.Fuses are good , wiring is intact. It has an electric tach that bounces ever so sligtly while cranking. I suspect the little black box/igniter/ECU/Pain in the ass.I do not have a wiring diagram,but I am searching for one. I realize that a new battery is in my future and their will be fuel issues. I'm prepared for that. Is there a test for the box?What are the values of the wires at the box? What would Chuck Norris do?

ok, I have spark now. New battery , new plugs . No fuel, but it fires off with a little carb spray. I'll be going thru the carbs and cleaning out the tank at this point. Any suggestions? The tank is pretty bad. white milky powder coats the inside.
    Last edited by Bllamm; 11-24-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: added info.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    1991 GSX 600f
    Try this link to another thread on the forum http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/fo...my-95-kat.html
    Whatever you ride ride safe and keep the rubber on the ground and the shiny side up.

hostmydomainnow.com/

Ads