Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mutazu Hardbags

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki M50

Mutazu Hardbags

Has anyone bought and installed these hardbags form Mutazu. They look good and the prices are good, just wandering if too good to be true.
    link: MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks
    Last edited by m50riderga; 02-05-2007 at 07:11 PM.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    Black M50

too good to be true...

The mother company Custom Gear Cycle seems to be an EBay seller...
    but 115USD for a pair of hard bags it's really a too low price....

Throttle Jockey
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M109r
    Blackmagic is right, I've been watching these things on E-bay for a while...seems pretty inexpensive for something that looks like they do. I can't bring myself to get them because I have to think that I'm missing something, the quality just can't be there for that price...
    Please Note: All opinions contained herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

It's true that every time you hear a bell ring, an angel gets its wings...
    But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap "snap", an Angel gets set on fire...

2009 Suzuki M109R * RoadBurner Velocity Pro 2-1 Exhaust * Kuryakyn Scythe Mirrors * Raw Designs adjustable lowering bones * OEM Zuki Engine Gaurds * National Cycle Vstream Tour Windsheild * GiPro ATRE w/ Gear Indicator

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    Black M50
    Anyway...if i could find them in a store where i can go back in case of complaints...i will sure buy a pair...

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    2003 MeanStreak 1500
    90$ M50 Final Drive

Throttle Jockey
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M109r
    Thanks d_m...that's hand intel...
    Please Note: All opinions contained herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.

It's true that every time you hear a bell ring, an angel gets its wings...
    But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap "snap", an Angel gets set on fire...

2009 Suzuki M109R * RoadBurner Velocity Pro 2-1 Exhaust * Kuryakyn Scythe Mirrors * Raw Designs adjustable lowering bones * OEM Zuki Engine Gaurds * National Cycle Vstream Tour Windsheild * GiPro ATRE w/ Gear Indicator

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki M50
    Thanks for the info. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't put a 12 pack of beer in there on the way home.

My Bike(s)
    2003 MeanStreak 1500
    i have some sport/standard saddlebags from nelson rigg that I throw in if i have to carry more stuff than I can carry in a backpack. i have to tighten it up really high so that it doesn't hit the tires though. looks awkward but it works.
    90$ M50 Final Drive

My problems with Mutazu

I have the MU Hard saddlebags on my Star Roadliner...and yes, they are too good to be true...the blinkers never worked, the running lights are crap, they keep going out (a few leds at first, then the whole light, and the universal brackets are so weak they seemed like wings on a bird as the saddle bags flapped down the road), not only that, the mounts took chunks out of my swingarm, so I had to buy a second set just to weld together for stability...the company told me they have no product liability to cover the damage to my bike...so I'm sueing...Did I mention the cases cracked as well and they made me pay for shipping to return them...I can say they look good if they weren't messed up...view the pics I added
    HTML Code:
    <br>
    HTML Code:
    <br>
    HTML Code:
    <br>
    Last edited by BigBadAl; 12-11-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Handlebar Consultant
    If you're looking for some good hard saddlebags, I've got the Tsukayu Coner model and they work pretty well. The workmanship is good but not great--the locks have never worked properly (they hold the bags closed but won't lock) and I ended up having to re-solder the blinker resistors (I got the optional LED blinkers) because the wires broke off easily. After the blinker fix though they've been solid and I'm ultimately happy I spent the money on them. They're roomy and waterproof which is what I wanted in the first place.

http://www.tsukayu.com/Coner.htm
    Current Mods/Accessories: OEM short sissy bar, MC Enterprises crash bar, Mustang Vintage Wide Touring seat, Kuryakyn Dually Iso highway pegs + Longhorn mounts, Highway Hawk floorboards, Tsukayu Corner hard bags, Memphis Shades Pop-Top with modified mounts, Kuryakyn GranTour bag for the long trips

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki M50 Limited
    I can answer this one, I ordered them and sent them back because they're flimsy and cheap looking, and the mounting brackets stink. Got the National Cycle Hard bags instead, more expensive but they're very good.
    2007 M50 Limited
    Two Tone - Grey Tribal Tank with Satin Black Fenders and Covers
    De-Baffled, De-Badged, De-Paired
    Lowered 3", License Plate Removed, C50 Bars, Kuryakin Grips, Pegs, and Levers, Tattoo Profiler Seat,
    More to come...........

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    I bought a set. I think they are well worth the money. ($115)
    See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mutazu Hardbags-image_078.jpg   Mutazu Hardbags-image_079.jpg   Mutazu Hardbags-image_080.jpg  

My Bike(s)
    07 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlease View Post
    I bought a set. I think they are well worth the money. ($115)
    See attached.
    MrLease, which model did you get? the GA's? They see like a good size for the bike.

And I understand the frustration with the abrasion the mounts caused on the Roadliner, that's frustrating for sure. But when I saw the 'mounts' were just bent 1" mild plate steel you can buy at Home Depot for $5 per 6' I knew that wasn't a good enough solution. I will likely buy the actual bag support, and use 'U' bolts and rubber grommets for the mounts.
    Nate
    07 M50

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over lousy fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average of the world’s great civilizations before they decline has been 200 years. These nations have progressed in this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; from faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to Complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; from dependency back again to bondage." -Alexander Fraser Tyler, Cycle Of Democracy (1770)

"Loud pipes save egos" - N.H.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    I got the GA's and went to Home Depot and bought aluminum strips and stainless steel bolts and nuts and made my own bracket.
    I have saddlebag supports but didn't think of the U bolt idea. That would have been a lot easier.

I think they look nice, not gigantic but who wants gigantic on an M.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Boulevard M50
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlease View Post
    I got the GA's and went to Home Depot and bought aluminum strips and stainless steel bolts and nuts and made my own bracket.
    I have saddlebag supports but didn't think of the U bolt idea. That would have been a lot easier.

I think they look nice, not gigantic but who wants gigantic on an M.
    I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you still liked the GA bags after all this time. I'm considering a set of Mutazu's LW bags, a bit larger, but I'd like to hear your long-term review on the quality. Thanks!
    "The Dude abides."

~Jeff Lebowski

Ads