Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    mdc
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    M50 Black

Corbin Stinger vs Saddleman Profiler

Did my first long ride of the year this weekend and loved it ... except after the first hour, I was reminded just how absolutely horrible the stock seat is on long cruises ... completely ruinned the whole experience

I was checking out Onedia and saw two seats that look like they would be comfortable and pleasing to the eye ... The Saddleman Profiler and the Corbin Stinger. The duel tour looks the most comfortable, but I don't like the way it looks and I very rarely have a passenger (maybe 1 out of every 100 rides)

The Corbin is about $100 more than the Saddleman ...

Has anyone tried either (or both) and longer cruises? Are they worth the money?

Thanks

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    Boulevard M50
    I don't have the Stinger (I opted for the dual tour), but I can say the Corbin seat is very comfortable. It seems hard at first, but that is what you want. If its soft when you first sit on it it is only going to get softer the longer you sit on it, so you want to start with something firm. The other big difference I found between the two brands (I did consider Saddlemen first), was that the Saddlemen has gel in the seat, where the Corbin does not. The issue with the gel seat, and I found this through searching the posts here, is that if the seat sits in the sun for a long time, or you ride a distance and heat up the seat, the gel will actually thin and spread out giving you less support and apparently has the potential to toast a few body parts you wouldn't want to toast. So far i've only put a few hundred miles on the Corbin, but every time I get on it it is more comfortable and I have definitely started riding for longer periods of time now that the stock seat is history. I'd say the $100 difference is probably going to be worth it in the long run. Just my $0.02

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki M50
    I have the Stinger and while its more comfortable than the stock seat, its still not perfect. But with that said I bet the Single or the dual tour would be more comfortable but I like the low slammed look of the stinger, thats why I chose it.
    Black 05 M50 - Corbin Stinger-Kurakyn ISO Grips/Throttle Boss/Stiletto Bar Ends-Mapam Forward Controls-Mapam Side Mount License Plate w/Tail Mod-Dynojet PCIII-Tornado Intake.

Soon to Come-Custom Exhaust

mdc
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    M50 Black
    anyone else have experience with these seats?

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50 - Silver/Grey
    Stinger is better than the factory seat. It'll do around town and on rides. If you are looking for a seat for a fairly large trip (over 500), I'd go with the dual tour. The Stinger looks better on the bike than the dual-tour. The rumble is also a nice seat, but don't like the feel when sitting on the back seat (kind of pushes you forward). I haven't seen or sat on the solo, so not sure on that. I'd guess it is pretty much based on the same pan, so should feel good.

Handlebar Consultant
    My Bike(s)
    07 Suzuki M50 Limited
    I love my solo, very comfortable, and the passenger pillion...heck I'd almost ride back there now. Looks great on the bike, personally I didn't like the look of the rumble. I considered the dual tour, except eventually I want to change out the rear fender and set up the bike as strictly solo.

mdc
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    M50 Black
    you have a pic with the solo?

I like the idea of the seat, but I am not sure how it will look without the rear cushon. I guess you just leave the bolt in the place where the rear seat used to be?

mdc
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    M50 Black
    Also ... it seems weird to me that the solo seat is actually more expensive than the Stinger ... I know the rear section of the Stinger is pretty narrow, but it doesn't seem to make sense

Handlebar Consultant
    My Bike(s)
    07 Suzuki M50 Limited
    http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/fo...ht=corbin+solo
    That thread has some pics of vhmike's solo w/pillion. I can't find my pics right now, may need to take some more.
    You could either just leave the bolt in the rear, or look into the covers they have for the fender to use without the passenger seat. When I do mine strictly solo....I'll be going the round rear fender direction.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Fat Bob
    Can you use the Solo with the stock pillion?

Handlebar Consultant
    My Bike(s)
    07 Suzuki M50 Limited
    No, the solo won't work with the stock pillion.

Ads