Motorcycle Forum banner

Paint Codes

26K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Apertureguy 
#1 ·
After deciding on the M50, I was curious. Since I work for Standox, one of the Dupont Automotive Refinish paint brands, I decided to see what we have for paint codes. Lo and behold, we have paint formulas for every M50 color so far.

YAY - Pearl Nebular Black - ref. # 732076
YBA - Pearl Deep Blue - ref. # 709638
YU7 - Pearl Crystal Red - ref. # 716369

YC2 - Candy Grand Blue Pearl - ref. # 37685
YHG - Oort Grey Metallic (Old Grey) - ref. # 740080

YLD - Pearl Violet Blue - ref. # 743971
019 - Space Black (frame & swingarm) - ref. # 33579

#5 ·
Not every Dupont jobber sells Standox.

BTW, I checked w/ Color Rite. We're cheaper. Only bummer is you'd have to check with the local guy to see what they can do w/ touch up pen or aerosols.

#4 ·
#7 ·
Hey Ron, by chance would you have paint codes for some older Yamaha models, such as early 80's XJ-series bikes?
Sorry, but I did some checking and I can't really identify anything that old. If you head over to a paint jobber, they may be able to scan the color and offer you something comparable.

#9 ·
YLD - Pearl Violet Blue - ref. # 743971

You don't list the frame and swingarm color for the 05 and 06 model year, so
can you verify if the 019 Space Black is the same for the frame and swingarm on the 06?

I have an 06, and am going to install a DJ Drive Mod, and am considering having it painted prior to the installation, just to keep it looking stock.

#11 ·
Again, see my post two up from here.

Is the black frame paint for the 07 the same as for the 05 and 06?
Looking to paint my DJ Drive when it comes in, and would like it to match as close as possible.

Thanks,
Oldie

#12 ·
Oldie - sorry man! I've been a member since April '07 and only have 22 posts. Can ya tell I don't get around here very often, much less every day? :lol4:

As far as I can tell, 019 was a frame color going back as far as '05, but I can't positively link it to the M50. I only see 3 frame colors for the three years in question, this black and then a black metallic and a grey metallic. If yours is solid black, I'd use 019.

Good luck with the DJ drive, let us know how you like it.

#14 · (Edited)
As far as I can tell, 019 was a frame color going back as far as '05, but I can't positively link it to the M50. I only see 3 frame colors for the three years in question, this black and then a black metallic and a grey metallic. If yours is solid black, I'd use 019.

Good luck with the DJ drive, let us know how you like it.
Thanks for getting back Ron,

Just as I thought. I figure that even if it was a bit different, it probably would not be noticeable.

Oldie Out...........

#13 ·
2008 Update

I did a little more research on the new 2008 lineup.

YMF - Daytona Yellow - ref. # 786487
YMD - Metallic Misty Silver - ref. # 769582

This last color is where I'm a little fuzzy. One site lists this as Phantom Grey, code YHF, but I don't see a record of such a color. I'll have to do a little more research on this one.

#16 · (Edited)
I did a little more research on the new 2008 lineup.

YMF - Daytona Yellow - ref. # 786487
YMD - Metallic Misty Silver - ref. # 769582

This last color is where I'm a little fuzzy. One site lists this as Phantom Grey, code YHF, but I don't see a record of such a color. I'll have to do a little more research on this one.
Real happy to have found this thread. I am an SV650S owner and have been looking for the YHF paint from Dupont because that's what my painter uses.

I did some digging on the Standox website and found pretty much what you found.

For some reason Standox list Phantom Gray Metallic (YHF) as YHG, that according to Suzuki is Oort Grey Metallic. However if you look by color description, there is no Oort Grey Metallic on the Standox website but there is a Phantom Gray Metallic but with code YHG and #740080.

Right now my best guess, if the Standox code can be translated into Dupont code, is to get sample of #740080 and see if the color matches.

Were you able to find more info?

#15 ·
so let me understand this...

I have a couple deep stone chips on my tank. I would need to order:

1 primer pen 10 bucks
1 base coat pen 16
1 candy blue pearl pen 16 bucks
1 clear coat pen 10 bucks

52 bucks so that I can repair a couple stone chips myself? Ouch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.