Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    05' M50 Black, Jardine slashcuts, FI2000, modified seat, debadged
    Lemoore, CA transplant from Riverdale, GA

How far below MSRP? - newbie question

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I've been lurking here for about a week and have gained a world of knowledge about the M50. I don't own one yet but my mind is pretty much made up for a new one in black. I was on the fence for a while with the C50 but chose the M because it looks tough as hell and I'm not real big on all of the chrome or the the rear fender on the C. As a matter of fact, when I do get one, one of the the first things I plan to do to it is customizing the rear fender and removing the front one. I like the minimalistic look. I currently ride an 04 GS500, my first bike. I will put it up for sale next week so as soon as it's gone I'm off to the dealer for my new M. My question is what is the average out the door price being paid for the M? I was at the dealer last week to look at one but since I wasn't ready to buy I didn't bother talking about price. The salesman did point to the price tag hanging from the mirror ($6999). I've never bought anything new, bike or car, but I have bought lots of used cars and I NEVER paid the original price told by the salesman. I'm just trying to prepare a realistic figure so that when I do negotiate, I get a fair(read:as close to free as possible) price.
    Last edited by usntony; 02-26-2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: I put the wrong price.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Boulevard M50 (Black)
    That is a good deal on the M. Is it a brand new one? MSRP is $6,999

The dealer got it down a little bit for me so it cost me $7,000 and some change for tag, tax and title.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)

oops...

sorry i put the wrong price in the post. The sticker price was $6999.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)

In all honesty,

I wouldn't mind paying $7000 total. I'm just worried that after tax, title, fee #1, fee #2, nickel here, dime there, I could end up getting bent over. I guess I'm just cheap

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Hey Alex, I'm originally from GA. Spent most of my life in Clayton Co but I lived in Stockbridge for a little while before my current job moved me to CA. How's the weather? I'm possibly planning a trip back home this summer. It's been a long two years since I left the last time.

Top Gear ! Full Throttle!
    My Bike(s)
    '06 M50 Black
    to M-J Tony!

Great choice. Other members will come along soon and help you out with your question.

Since your getting a black one and if your dealer has a new 07 in stock you can even get a better deal. Not too many changes on the M except for the colors. Good luck on your purchase.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    09 M90 Black, 11 Star Stryker
    My 2007 last year cost me $6536.04.00 out the door includeing all. here is the breakdown. Sales tax is from Texas.

Bike $5330.00
    Freight $391.30
    Assembly & Prep $277.70

Total $5999.00

The rest is Sales Tax & Reg along with a $50.00 doc fee which is normanl in Texas.
    I just plan on doing everything twice when I start it and that way when it takes 3 times to get it right I'm only half as mad.

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Silver M50
    There is a stealer in my area that has a 2005 M50 that he wants $5700 for. I offered him $5000 for the bike last fall and he said he is already loosing money on the bike at $5700. Well needless to say he still has the bike, and he still wants $5700 for it. Good luck with your dealings. There are deals out there to find. Also, welcome to the forum.

Roger L

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    05 Black M50
    May not hurt to check ebay and craig's list too. I got my '05 off ebay, 7000mi., from a dealer for a shade over 3K. Came with windscreen and bags, too.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Ya i agree with the ebay idea. i bought my 05 brand new in feburary of 06 and got it for 6800 out the door at the yamaha suzuki dealership of texas. if i could go back i would have bought a used one on there lot because the previous owner usually would have already added pipes and such and once you ride off the lot you lose a couple thousand on your value price. check what the dealer has used first then look around at ebay, you can always get your bank to finance it for you, thats what the dealer is doing anyways.

GOOD LUCK! its a great bike.

mine has 14,000 ruff miles on it and still running strong.

ride safe
    '05 Boulevard M50
    Color change paint
    Lowered 3 inch in rear
    Crome spike bolts
    Brown leather covered rear seat
    Side mounted license plat
    Hurricane style headlight
    Vance & Hines Straight shots exhaust debaffled
    flush mounted rear signals
    red neon under glow with remote
    Chrome neck covers
    MORE TO COME!

wheelie video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3_JKYuiUI

More pics at Myspace.com/nate1812

look under 05 m50 under construction

The world of metric cruisers has been ignored for way too long! We need more custom parts!

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Silver M50
    I would look on Cycle Trader of on Craigs list. That way you can deal with the individual and not have to go thru the bidding s@#t. I found my M50 on Cycle Trader. It was a 2006 all stock with 1600 miles on it for $4500. I bought it last fall. There was not a scratch on it.

Good Luck

Roger L

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    08' M50 Black
    and great choice! I paid $7400 out the door with memphis fatts windshield, highway bars, low rise wide wrap around sissy bar/pad, pink helmet for the wife, and motocross out fit for my son! Good luck on your purchase!

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    07 m50 black
    I got my 07 back in dec 06 i paid 6,484 tax, title, fees included.
    Cobra Streetrod, Fi2000R, Dropped 3" K&N AIR FILTER

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Boulevard M50 (Black)
    Quote Originally Posted by usntony View Post
    Hey Alex, I'm originally from GA. Spent most of my life in Clayton Co but I lived in Stockbridge for a little while before my current job moved me to CA. How's the weather? I'm possibly planning a trip back home this summer. It's been a long two years since I left the last time.
    The weather has gone crazy. It was a nice day Monday, rode the bike, today it poured and thundered and lightening, and tomorrow it is going to be freezing starting the morning off with a cool high of 26.

I went to all Clayton county schools and currently work for the county. Did you happen to go to Jonesboro?

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad

Price on a new 07

I'm not sure what a dealer will take on 08 but if you can get a new 07 like I did they are wanting to get rid of them. I got mine last week for $5700 and that includes tax, tag, and title.

This is my first "new" bike and the M50 is a sweet ride.

Ads