Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard M50

Cobra Exhaust Questions???????????

Hey guys, just joined the forum, and am a pround owner of a 06 suzuki m50. Im lov'n it! Its a great bike! My questions are about the Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns. I was wondering how they are for the people that have them. I would like something Lounder, with a good low growl. Im not really wanting anything thats going to be loud and poppy sounding, just a deap smooth tone. Hopefully thats what these pipes come with! Let me know! Sound clips are also prefered, I have also probably seen and heard every bike on youtube!

Thanks, Dan

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    The Original - 2005 M50 Black

Exhaust threads are everywhere on this forum. Run a search for "cobra exhaust" or "streetrod". You will come up with many topics.

I was going to go with the Streetrod Slashdown, but decided that $400 was too much to spend when I was aready debaffled/demickeyed. I liked the sound the way it was.

Oh- and check out the Sticky thread and Diamond Jims thread for new owners (Click Here). There is some good information in there!
    Last edited by Pinhead78; 07-24-2008 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added link

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    '07 Suzuki Boulevarde M50
    Check out Cobrausa.com for sound clips and yes I have the same pipes and I love them, not to loud. I don't think I have heard a pop at all, but I also have a Power Commander installed so maybe that helps.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel17368 View Post
    Check out Cobrausa.com for sound clips and yes I have the same pipes and I love them, not to loud. I don't think I have heard a pop at all, but I also have a Power Commander installed so maybe that helps.
    Hey Joel, I did get the tfi with it, and have a K&n in it. But how do you like the sound of them. Is it a real low rumble type, Or kinda raspy. Oh yeah and how are they up to speed, are they to loud at 70mph.

Thanks

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50z(sold) 2008 GSX650F

popping

Most of your aftermarket pipes will pop on decel and downshifting until you disable the psir valve. Just go behind the air cleaner, pull the rubber hose off the back, and plug it. That keeps the pair from injecting fresh air into the exhaust, causing the popping sounds.

2007 Suzuki M50z Limited
    Silver w/ Tribal Ghost Flames
    (Gone but never forgotten)
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    not a GSXR, not a Bandit, , not a Katana, a GSXF

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by 07M50zAllDaWay View Post
    Most of your aftermarket pipes will pop on decel and downshifting until you disable the psir valve. Just go behind the air cleaner, pull the rubber hose off the back, and plug it. That keeps the pair from injecting fresh air into the exhaust, causing the popping sounds.
    Don't forget to plug that hole you left open on the back of the airbox
    2006 M50 Streetrod Slashdowns, Thunder Tornado, Cobra fi2000, John's Kit forwards, 32" Drag Bars with riser spacers, Widow Pegs, ISO Grips, other misc. mods

Fender Buffer
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki M50 Limited
    is that what that is?
    M50 Secret Hideaway - For M50 Owners, By M50 Owners!!!

Moderators ________ (Fill in Blank)

2007 M50 Limited (Gray with Tribal Flames)
    Vance and Hines StraightShots
    Cobra FI2000R (because some friends said I needed it)
    Irate Customs Radiator Cover.
    K&N Filter (SU-8005) purchase from K&N Directly
    Street Shield EX - from aeagles
    Trying to get to 10,000 views Please help by watching and getting your friends to check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxql8S47cIw
    Loud Pipes Save Lives!

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    2000 LC 1500, 2005 RED M-50
    I have the Cobra streetrod slashdowns with the Cobra fuel processor. I have no pops on decel and have not disabled the pair valve at all. The pipes sound tons better than stock, and are not to loud at high speed. They actually quite down when cruising. But when you crack the throttle it roars real nice and people turn their heads!! These pipes look and sound awesome, the chrome is flawless and blinding!! LOL

If you install them, let us know what YOU think.

Last edited by RED-M; 07-24-2008 at 10:30 AM.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-M View Post
    I have the Cobra streetrod slashdowns with the Cobra fuel processor. I have no pops on decel and have not disabled the pair valve at all. The pipes sound tons better than stock, and are not to loud at high speed. They actually quite down when cruising. But when you crack the throttle it roars real nice and people turn their heads!! These pipes look and sound awesome, the chrome is flawless and blinding!! LOL

If you install them, let us know what YOU think.

Sweet, thats sounds about right what I want. Ill let you know, there are on back order right now through Pro 1, got them for 379.99 free shipping. It was the lowest I found and everything else was about 40-50 more, so I figured I could wait the backorder out.

How is that seat vs. stock. Looks pretty sweet. I have read about a lot of people not like the stock seat, and switching it out. A 45 min ride is about all I can handle before my ass is sore. Hopfully your seat helps thats out!

Dan

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    2000 LC 1500, 2005 RED M-50
    I actually am riding with the factory seat again. I removed the " lump" in the seat pan and it is like a whole new bike...ass does not hurt on extended rides anymore. It was a fairly simple modification.
    http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/fo...ght=lumpectomy

The aftermarket is nice and looks awesome but it moved me forward on the tank...now i've got a $300 seat sitting in the closet collecting dust !

Ads