OEM Gel seat?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: OEM Gel seat?

Kickstand Operator
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M90

OEM Gel seat?

Any one seen or heard any reviews on the OEM gel seat for the M? I know most of you have replaced stock seat with Mustang or Corbin etc. From what I can see, the OEM gel is around $100.00 less than the aftermarkets. But is it worth the savings?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M90
    Quote Originally Posted by XPSDONNY28 View Post
    Any one seen or heard any reviews on the OEM gel seat for the M? I know most of you have replaced stock seat with Mustang or Corbin etc. From what I can see, the OEM gel is around $100.00 less than the aftermarkets. But is it worth the savings?
    Punch line.....
    It will be if it talks to you toooo......

I sat on one at the dealer, didn't feel to much different, over the stock, but I have never taken a ride, with one.

Third gear and cruising
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    I have a mustang daytripper. The advantage is it looks better and is more comfortable than stock by far. Doubt gel would fix the overall poor design near the tailbone area. I think my seat was 285 from Oneinda Suzuki.
    "If I can't ride it I'm not interested"

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    Boulevard M50
    Yeah, I'd do a search, but I don't ever remember people really praising the gel seat. I realize the price is high for the others (I have the Corbin Dual Tour) but you have to decide how long you think you're going to keep the bike and how much riding you want to do, the extra $100 would probably be a good investment.

'05 M50 black
    MAPAM backrest
    Corbin dual tour
    Highwayman Jumbo Straight Bags
    Johns Kit forward controls
    Debaffled exhaust

Lance Corporal Coppertone
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Boulevard C50T
    It also depends on how much money you wanting to spend on tylenol and muscle pain ointment due to a sore back....
    Lance Corporal Skillman, Saving the world one block of C4 at a time

Who decided to start hitting a ball with a stick in order to ring a hole 300+ yards away??...

Suzuki Boulevard C50T:
    Fully Debaffled Pipes // Home Fabricated 2" Lowers // Home Fabricated Tag Laydown Mod // Tank and Fender Chrome Trim // Pair Valve Removel Kit // "C50T" Emblem Debadged

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M90
    Quote Originally Posted by teufulhunden07 View Post
    It also depends on how much money you wanting to spend on tylenol and muscle pain ointment due to a sore back....
    ...I have the Mustang wide touring, and its like night and day, to the stock seat, me and the wife love it

Lance Corporal Coppertone
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Boulevard C50T
    I still have the stock.... long rides suck lol. Bring tylenol!!
    Lance Corporal Skillman, Saving the world one block of C4 at a time

Who decided to start hitting a ball with a stick in order to ring a hole 300+ yards away??...

Suzuki Boulevard C50T:
    Fully Debaffled Pipes // Home Fabricated 2" Lowers // Home Fabricated Tag Laydown Mod // Tank and Fender Chrome Trim // Pair Valve Removel Kit // "C50T" Emblem Debadged

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    06 M50 in Bluuuuuuuuue
    I ran the stock one for a bit, then added the OEM gel seat. The Gel seat is defintely a little bit lower, probably an inch or so, but there's not a ton of gel in there. I tore mine apart to shave some foam on the front, and the gel insert was only maybe 4" x 4" or so.

There wasn't a lot of difference in the comfort level over the stock seat, just a little bit lower seating position. If I had it to do over again, I'd skip the OEM gel and go with something else.

I looove my profiler. Lower still than the gel seat, and much more comfortable on long rides than either of the OEM offerings, and not a ton of money.
    06 Blue M50 - Loved it for 20k, but its time for something new, something 2.25 times bigger

My Bike(s)
    M90
    Does anyone know where can I get a Suzuki gel seat? Called the dealer and they never heard of it

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Most after market outlets will be able to help you...an alternative is an air hawk, just dont put too much air in is the way to go...apparently
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

My Bike(s)
    M90
    Quote Originally Posted by 07M50Limited View Post
    ...I have the Mustang wide touring, and its like night and day, to the stock seat, me and the wife love it
    I called Mustang and they said they do not make a seat for the M90. Do you mind sharing where you purchased your seat from?

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Vulcan 900, Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by refik22 View Post
    I called Mustang and they said they do not make a seat for the M90. Do you mind sharing where you purchased your seat from?
    Alas I doubt it.
    He hasn't been on since 2012.

AND.....given his handle and the sub-forum that this thread is IN......he may also have an M50.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    I cannot understand why so many Jap bikes seem to have crap seats...my Mt09 is diabolical after a few miles...it seems to be too hard and causes hot spots at the top of my legs. An Airhawk seat is is overpriced so I may end up shaving some foam off and replacing what I remove with softer foam. Funny thing is my Honda car has harder seats than my pickup truck.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Sponsored Links