Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Yamaha Warrior XV1700
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Does the u-joint have a zerk fitting?
    Well here is a few pics of the actual U JOINT..not much room there,also a couple pics of the engine side splines,and inside the u joint.
    CS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4703.jpg   ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4704.jpg   ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4705.jpg   ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4707.jpg  

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)

a few more pics

If your going to do the U JOINT you'll need to remove the swing arm..be careful when you remove as to not damage these bearings posted in the pics to follow be sure you regrease them before you put it back together.
    See how this is all 1 piece? u joint cover...mud splash/inner fender/swing arm.
    See the video,and these pics will help.
    CS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4708.jpg   ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4709.jpg   ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4712.jpg   ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4720.jpg  

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2006 suzukic50t, 1970 suzuki ac50, 1968 sears campus 50

What a wealth of information.PUSH FOR A RECALL PLEASE!

As the owner of a 2006 C50t, (17,000 miles) I am equally concerned. It appears that even if we lubed the driveshaft splines (I didn't check yet) that we or a mechanic for that matter could have overlooked this problem. If there were ever a problem that should be reported to the NHTSA and suzuki, this is it. Even though I have an extended warranty (60 month) a SAFETY issue such as this should be covered by suzuki whether you have a warranty or not! THANK YOU FOR YOUR LEGWORK AND TIME IN SHOWING US ALL THIS POTENTIAL PROBLEM. Lets hope there are some attorneys out their that will insist on an investigation and help to pursue a recall if necessary. Your posts are very appreciated, as will be your follow-up to get the NHTSA and suzuki moving on this. I appreciate the "how to's" and videos, but realistically, Suzuki should handle this at NO CHARGE, since its very safety oriented. Thanks again. I hope if it's determined that a recall is in order, I get the notice from Suzuki , before I get my hands dirty, but I doubt it. This is the web site to report to I think: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
    Last edited by tbone57; 08-21-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    Everyone needs to gang up ,and make a call to the appropriate channel.
    I can't find that channel.
    1 more pic for grins ,and giggles....
    CS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATTENTION ALL M50 OWNERS! My issue resolved! FIX YOURS NOW B4 IT'S TO LATE!-100_4722.jpg  

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    2000 LC 1500, 2005 RED M-50
    Hey BC, Seeings how you got it half tore down ... you might as well yank that motor and powdercoat that baby some neon color !! J/K... excellent info as always... keep up the good work, it's much appreciated.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)

Contacted Suzuki HQ 714-572-1490

I called them ,and they tried to argue this was an isolated incident.
    Told me I was out of warranty and it wasn't covered.I told him I didnt care about a warranty,I was letting them know they had a defective part before someone dies.
    He checked his records ,and told me there are 3 other reported cases of this.
    Then told me I needed to have an authorized dealer send in a report.
    So I call Jim at Suzuki,and asked him again if there was any way possible this could be my fault.No was the answer..he told me it is a 100% sealed unit with no possible maintenance except the cutting ,and replacing of the oil seal.
    So I asked him to go to bat for us,and he said HELL YES I WILL!
    Now my friend Jim at my local Suzuki shop is going to bat for us,he agrees 100% someone could die from this problem.
    The report is being made today,he told me he will call me back with the information he receives.
    I encourage everyone to check their stuff out asap,and if needed take it to your dealer so they can report it.
    Then please call this number 714-572-1490 ,and complain like I did to make the report,but be sure your stuff is rusted before you complain.
    The ball is now rolling!
    CS

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    2012 Ducati M796
    If the parts are not rusted, but completely dry, I'd still report that, these parts should be greased.
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2006 M50 Sold!

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    They will more then likely be dry,I was told there is only a light layer of thin grease from the factory.
    CS

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    2012 Ducati M796
    Quote Originally Posted by burnchassis View Post
    They will more then likely be dry,I was told there is only a light layer of thin grease from the factory.
    CS
    That doesn't make sense. I'll be greasing mine for sure this winter on the bike's down time. How did you go about greasing the U-joint? I've never greased one without a zerk fitting.

Thanks for the additional pictures. Now i understand why the swing arm needs to be removed.

I'm curious if other shaft driven bikes have this similar issue with dry parts?
    Last edited by Manuel; 08-21-2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2006 M50 Sold!

Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    Quote Originally Posted by burnchassis View Post
    Any chance I can get a section under links ,and tutorials,so I can post some more stuff?
    I would like to post my signature under a section called
    "BURNCHASSIS HOW TO's"
    We already have a comprehensive how-to thread for the M50. Think about how you can integrate with that rather than having separate resources.

First, though, tell me what the heck "burnchassis" means.
    'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    We already have a comprehensive how-to thread for the M50. Think about how you can integrate with that rather than having separate resources.

First, though, tell me what the heck "burnchassis" means.
    1st I hope you reconsider,My stuff is a bit more intouch,and much easier to understand.Without additional room in my signature, I cant post any more HOW TO's...the Cam Chains will be a popular video,as are the rest acutally.

Second, BURNCHASSIS is just an old screen name I used back in the late 90's and early 0's while racing on the internet with NASCAR.Ever heard of HAWAII (for nascar online)? TEN.NET? WON.NET?,even MOTORCITY ONLINE?
    I used to make setups for the cars,my setups for hard to beat,so I adopted the nickname from RAYBURN CHASSIS from Dirt Late models in real life over to the world of SIMULATION racing.
    I used to get paid for those setups..those were the good old days.
    If you do a google search (BURNCHASSIS NASCAR) I'm sure something from back in the day will pop up.
    CS

Lost but forgotten

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    Well, do a little studying of BBcode and create a nicely formatted index of your stuff like Diamond Jim did. We'll put it somewhere. On a marble pedestal, perhaps?
    'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2007 M50 Black; 1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750; 2003 Yamaha XT225
    Excellent vids burnchassis.

It's a shame that such a thing had to happen to you for this issue to be discovered.
    Experience is the comb that Life gives you after you've lost your hair.

2007 M50 Black - Hard Krome 3" Res-Tech Exhaust ~ Ken Cooley Chin Spoiler ~ Kury Hypercharger ~ PCIII USB ~ S.S. Brake Line ~ 1" Riser Spacers ~ ISO Grips w/Throttle Bosses & Transformer Endcaps ~ ISO Pegs, Shifter & Brake Cover ~ Willie & Max Raptor Saddlebags ~ Debadged ~ Iridium Plugs ~ Factory Wire Rack, Tank Bib & Case Guards ~ Black Vinyl Wrapped Forks ~ Smoked Lenses ~ Flex 3 led plate frame

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    M50 '06
    My M50 already has over 12,000 miles on it. Is it past the point where if this was going to be a problem it would have happened already. I just really don't want to mess with things.
    Mapam forward controls, V&H Straight shots with Screamin' Eagle performance muffler retrofitted, Modified seat, Cobra FI-2000, Naked Juggs, Lowered 3 1/4" (why 3 1/4?... no good reason),
    Arlen Ness rear turn signals, de-badged,

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    Well you can look at it like that ,but the reality of it seems to be 1 of 2 things....you can mess with it now for a little $ ,or mess with it later for big $....or i guess you hope it becomes a recall.
    CS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Ads