Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M50

Hypercharger Installation problems

Just got my hypercharger and power commander V today and I'm already having problems I was able to install the hypercharger on the bike but I dont see any hoses to attach to the back of the hypercharger to get the butterflies to open and close. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone point out where on the bike I can find this vacuum hose so I can attach it to the hypercharger? Also where would I be able to buy this T hose intersection and type of hose i'd need?
    Last edited by nightwing58; 07-01-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: half of problem solved

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    2002 ZX12R
    any auto parts store will have a vac T connector.
    Currnently in love with my ZX9 but will never forget the 05 M50 that filled the garage.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M50
    Ok so I can get a vac T connector and possibly the hose for it at an autozone. But I still can't see or know where that vac hose is so I can set it up. Anyone that hooked up the butterflies on their hypercharger for their bike know where and what the hose would look like?

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    2002 ZX12R
    any vac line on the bike should be fine for a T conncetion. Pick one and inline it....result will be what you after, vac lines likely under the tank.
    Currnently in love with my ZX9 but will never forget the 05 M50 that filled the garage.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    Your HC should have came with a hose that you would connect into the back of the HC then to a vac line on the bike. I connected mine to a hose on the top left side near the front FI sensor.

cut the line then put your t-connector in and hook up the hose. pretty easy once you figure out your vac line. I have some pictures of my line below. You will need to take off your tank.

in the first picture if your looking down at your tank a vac line should be somewhere in the box once your tank is off. my vac line had a red line running through it. not sure on yours you can see it in the second picture sorry took them quick hope they help

VII
    Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    On Fire
    nice pics but like his mine didn't come with a hose. I just didn't hook up the butterflies.
    Black Hypercharger, Cooley's 2" fluted risers, 32" Debrix drag bars, Tsukayu Coner hardbags w/integrated turn signals, Hard Krome 2.5 Strippers Black, Power Commander V, Lowered 2.5", Transformer grips, Cobra Freeway bars, Gorilla alarm, BikeMaster Sickle Mirrors, Clear turn signal lenses w/chrome tipped bulbs, Debadged tank, Cooley's rear filler plate, Custom Flame paint

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M50
    Yeah I guess they stopped giving you the t-intersection part and extra hose. So what size hose am I looking for since i'll have to go to a Pep boys to find everything?

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M50
    So where in this pic is the vacuum line so I can go straight to it if I have to pull the tank off?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    Right here

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    I just bought my HC off eBay 3 weeks ago. It was a Kery Pro and it came with about 12 inches of hose and a T. Something seems fishy with yours. BTW you can take that hose off and use it to by a new one from Pepboys. Also one bit of advice. The connection to the T should be very tight. I would use a dab of oil around the T before you put the hose on it will help slide it snug over the 3 T connections. GL

Handlebar Consultant
    My Bike(s)
    07 Suzuki M50 Limited
    Interesting to see the location in the pictures above. I used a vacuum line on the other side, closer to the intake and I ended up disconnecting it a while later. I was getting a slight stumble a low rpms which went away after disconnecting the butterflies. Now I wonder if a different T location would have made a difference.
    And for what it's worth I did receive a vacuum hose with my HC but I did have to go get the T.

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2007 M50 Black; 1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750; 2003 Yamaha XT225
    Like Don I found the vac line on the same side as the HC (it runs under/along the wires/connector that has to be disconnected to remove the tank).

Interesting about the low rpm stumbles Don. At times I experience something similar, but figured it had to do with poor tuning. Perhaps I'll try a different location for the T-fitting or remove it all together and see what happens.

Thanks for that unexpected insight Don.

Oh, my HC came with the hose but not the T-fitting (just like Don again).
    Experience is the comb that Life gives you after you've lost your hair.

2007 M50 Black - Hard Krome 3" Res-Tech Exhaust ~ Ken Cooley Chin Spoiler ~ Kury Hypercharger ~ PCIII USB ~ S.S. Brake Line ~ 1" Riser Spacers ~ ISO Grips w/Throttle Bosses & Transformer Endcaps ~ ISO Pegs, Shifter & Brake Cover ~ Willie & Max Raptor Saddlebags ~ Debadged ~ Iridium Plugs ~ Factory Wire Rack, Tank Bib & Case Guards ~ Black Vinyl Wrapped Forks ~ Smoked Lenses ~ Flex 3 led plate frame

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M50
    Well I got mine from the thunder charger website because I wanted it in black. But the adapter nor the hypercharger itself came with any hoses or t connection for me to attach. And the pic I used above was with instructions on how to install a PC V I found on here awhile ago when I wanted to see how hard it was to install it. My bike is still put together.

VII
    Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    On Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantumcat View Post
    Interesting about the low rpm stumbles Don. At times I experience something similar, but figured it had to do with poor tuning. Perhaps I'll try a different location for the T-fitting or remove it all together and see what happens.
    Maybe something to do with the vacuum closing the butterflies at low rpms and inhibiting the airflow?
    Black Hypercharger, Cooley's 2" fluted risers, 32" Debrix drag bars, Tsukayu Coner hardbags w/integrated turn signals, Hard Krome 2.5 Strippers Black, Power Commander V, Lowered 2.5", Transformer grips, Cobra Freeway bars, Gorilla alarm, BikeMaster Sickle Mirrors, Clear turn signal lenses w/chrome tipped bulbs, Debadged tank, Cooley's rear filler plate, Custom Flame paint

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2007 M50 Black; 1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750; 2003 Yamaha XT225
    Quote Originally Posted by VII View Post
    Maybe something to do with the vacuum closing the butterflies at low rpms and inhibiting the airflow?
    Yeah, that or somehow weakening the vacuum that the injectors are responding to. In the spirit of experimentation I've disconnected the HC and plugged the "T". Now I'm waiting for some good weather to see if it makes a difference. To me it was a kind of surging or bogging at very low throttle input in the lower gears. Anything beyond about 10% throttle seems pretty smooth.
    Last edited by Quantumcat; 07-04-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    Experience is the comb that Life gives you after you've lost your hair.

2007 M50 Black - Hard Krome 3" Res-Tech Exhaust ~ Ken Cooley Chin Spoiler ~ Kury Hypercharger ~ PCIII USB ~ S.S. Brake Line ~ 1" Riser Spacers ~ ISO Grips w/Throttle Bosses & Transformer Endcaps ~ ISO Pegs, Shifter & Brake Cover ~ Willie & Max Raptor Saddlebags ~ Debadged ~ Iridium Plugs ~ Factory Wire Rack, Tank Bib & Case Guards ~ Black Vinyl Wrapped Forks ~ Smoked Lenses ~ Flex 3 led plate frame

Ads