Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 M50

Harley Risers for Springer?

Ok did a few searches and came up with a big fat zero. I'm going to change out the risers and go with a straight set of 6" Harley risers and a 28" or 32" drag bar. I'd prefer to go with black but the ones in my price range all seem to be listed as Springer risers and they say they are for after market springer front ends and custom applications but they will not fit stock HD.

Has anyone looked into this or could explain the differences in these risers and why they will work or will not. They look like all the other risers but maybe I'm missing something. I know I'll need to use the adapter bolt and match up the thread count so if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

HARLEY SPRINGER BLACK BILLET 6" SMOOTH HANDLEBAR RISERS | eBay
    Last edited by scdjw75; 05-29-2011 at 11:10 PM.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 M50
    I haven't seen much of a response to my post but I'll add to it in case it helps someone down the road. I have very limited knowledge when it comes to motorcycles, however I plan on changing that in time. Below is the reply I received from the seller on Ebay. Again, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Dear XXX,

They are 1/2"-20 I believe. Here's the difference, unlike regular Harley type risers that mount with a bolt up through the bottom that threads into the risers, these risers are not threaded. The bolt is meant to go down through the riser and thread directly into the threaded hole on the top tree of an aftermarket springer. You could get new bolts and nuts, and just use a short bolt and a nut for the other end if you wanted to put them on a standard front end. They really will work on anything with 1" bars, just as long as you modify by getting different bolts.

- outlawcycleproducts

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    Z750S, M50, ZX10R
    Thanks for your posts. If you get this set up, make sure to post a pic! In the future, I would like to do something similar to the following pic, but your way might be more customizable.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 M50
    I like the T-Bars a lot but the riser spacing on our M-50 limits us. You could always drill the triple tree but I'm staying away from that. If I'm not mistaken there are a few T-Bars out there with the correct spacing but I really want to go black (the one's I found were chrome) and there's always the cost issue. I'll post some pics of the final result when it's all in place. I wrapped and painted my V&H last night. I hope to get them on this weekend as well.

Ads