Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    09 Boulevard M50

Possible Power Commander / Intake upgrade

After some searching on here and seeing the pros and cons I am leaning towards getting a PCIII for my 2009 M50, not sure on the intake yet so feel free to voice your opinions.

The biggest question I have and this is mainly for 09 owners is with regards to the O2 Sensor. My M50 is an 09 and does not have any O2 Sensors, I changed the exhaust from stock to V&H Straightshots and there were definitiely no sensors. I actually ordered the exhaust for an 08 because I did not need the bungs offered on 09 exhaust. Will the PC for the 09 work or will there be a difference in the wiring harness for hook up since everyone says all 09s have O2 sensors and mine does not. Or should I get one for an 08, will it connect properly? If I knew I was going to go to the PC I would have gotten 09 exhaust with the bung already there and gone PCV.

Any advice?
    09 M50, Vance and Hines Straight Shots, John's Kit Forward Controls, OEM Sissy Bar, OEM Wire Luggage Rack, Saddlemen Drifter Saddlebags, Saddlemen Backrest Bag, Suzuki OEM Gel seat......

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    09 FatBob, 09 M50
    if i remember correctly you want the pc5 for an 09, i opted for the cobra powerpro more expensive but i dont have to bother remapping it ever. installation is silly easy. if you opt for the powerpro then get the one for the 09 c50 its the same part. cobrausa is just slow to fix the part listing on the website.

02 sensors are on the Cali and non us models. but im pretty sure the connectors on the other 48 state version is the same.

if you want to keep the shield there's the gman filter replacement. otherwise take a look around a thundermfg.com and see what style you like, most anything can fit with the right adapters. you can also mod the big shield to let more air through. personally i went with the ubiquitous hypercharger. its alot smaller than the shield so it doesnt rub my knee.

theres also plenty of people that made their own/hacked up something to fit. and the naked mods.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    09 Boulevard M50
    Quote Originally Posted by slozomby View Post
    if i remember correctly you want the pc5 for an 09, i opted for the cobra powerpro more expensive but i dont have to bother remapping it ever. installation is silly easy. if you opt for the powerpro then get the one for the 09 c50 its the same part. cobrausa is just slow to fix the part listing on the website.

02 sensors are on the Cali and non us models. but im pretty sure the connectors on the other 48 state version is the same.

if you want to keep the shield there's the gman filter replacement. otherwise take a look around a thundermfg.com and see what style you like, most anything can fit with the right adapters. you can also mod the big shield to let more air through. personally i went with the ubiquitous hypercharger. its alot smaller than the shield so it doesnt rub my knee.

theres also plenty of people that made their own/hacked up something to fit. and the naked mods.

Thanks for the information after looking the powerpro sounds great. Are you running stock exhaust with your setup? I do like the Hypercharger, any issues in the rain with it? What kind of seat of the pants and mpg gains have you noticed?
    09 M50, Vance and Hines Straight Shots, John's Kit Forward Controls, OEM Sissy Bar, OEM Wire Luggage Rack, Saddlemen Drifter Saddlebags, Saddlemen Backrest Bag, Suzuki OEM Gel seat......

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by krahe3 View Post
    Any advice?
    Yes. If it is running good, just leave it ALONE. There is little to be gained. Really.

And put some baffles in those pipes.

(Well, you asked !!)

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2011 M50
    I got the Gmans stealth intake and bully controller. Both easy to instal and the Bully controller is preset so no maps required. I plan on getting my shield done by Len at Ducks Covers . Though that's closer to the bottom in the list of wants and mods for my bike.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    I got the PowerPro and modded my intake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible Power Commander / Intake upgrade-imag0408.jpg  

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by MantiZ68 View Post
    Looks nice! If you get a chance can you post some pics of the inside of the cover?
    2k8 SE, 2k5 Red Parts, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Suzuki OEM Passenger Floorboards, 28" Drag Bars, Ken's 1" Spacers, 2nd Gen Chin Spoiler, Undertail Eliminator Kit, Relocated Turn Signals and Tag, Morton's Violators, K&N Drop In, PC-V retrofit, De-Paired, Custom Headlight, Blacking out the Chrome, Found better brakes - just have to get them on!!!

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    Your not going to increase power where it feels like a rocket, but throttle response will be much better. You will also notice you zip through the gears quicker.

I went with a Tornado intake, I just liked the look.
    2006 M50 Streetrod Slashdowns, Thunder Tornado, Cobra fi2000, John's Kit forwards, 32" Drag Bars with riser spacers, Widow Pegs, ISO Grips, other misc. mods

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Yes. If it is running good, just leave it ALONE. There is little to be gained. Really.

And put some baffles in those pipes.

(Well, you asked !!)
    You're a lib aren't you?

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    Looks nice! If you get a chance can you post some pics of the inside of the cover?
    Sure can...I just used Marine Goop to glue it all together. The mesh is a $2 garbage can from the dollar store. The Anarchy sign is laser cut abs i ordered online using my design(i got off the net ) and the purple LED's are from ebay $5 for 2 of them shipped and i attached them use 3M double sided tape.

Got the idea here http://www.volusiariders.com/47-cust...ure-heavy.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible Power Commander / Intake upgrade-011.jpg   Possible Power Commander / Intake upgrade-016.jpg  

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by MantiZ68 View Post
    Nice! was it difficult? How much to do mine for me? hehe
    ------------------------------------------

John's Froward Controls, Kens' Original Chin Spoiler, Kens' Risers, Kens' Filler Plate, Kens' Front Plate, Skull Grips, 2" Lowering Kit, LED Brake Light, Custom Speedo Dial, BackOff XP Brake Light Flasher, Scootworks Side Mount Plate, Vance & Hines Straighshots

Comming Soon: Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Cobra FI2000, Integrated Garage Door Opener

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTechie View Post
    Nice! was it difficult? How much to do mine for me? hehe
    Not hard at all...i used a 2" hole saw for the small end and jig saw for the rest. Cleaned it up with a dremel. Hardest part was cutting the garbage can LOL!!! If you need a hand i'm sure we can meet up for a cold one

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas30 View Post
    You're a lib aren't you?
    My remark wasn't directed to YOU.......and I don't discuss politics on motorcycle forums.......AND I don't appreciated folks who try to bait others into pointless arguements.

I don't like excessive noise, no matter where it comes from.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    09 Boulevard M50
    Thanks for all the responses. It appears each will have their own opinion on what works best If I go the route of a tuner I am now leaning towards the powerpro after the ease of no maps. I am not looking for huge HP gains just want the bike to perform at it's peak with some of the modifications I have made.

MantiZ68 looks sharp, IMO custom work with a couple cold ones is always the most rewarding.

Easy I take your opinion like others, I respect your preferences and ask only that you respect mine. You say little to be gained, but the gains I am looking for is more along the lines with combining what I have done to the bike with what is factory to maintain reliability and longevity of my investment.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    My remark wasn't directed to YOU.......and I don't discuss politics on motorcycle forums.......AND I don't appreciated folks who try to bait others into pointless arguements.

I don't like excessive noise, no matter where it comes from.
    You sure do spend a good amount of time concerning yourself with other's choices.

Ads