Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    My Bike(s)
    M50

Need advice on M50 rear fender

Picked up a M50 recently and got to work on it quickly. I dropped 3" in the rear but the rear still doesn't look quite right to me. I want to give it a chopped/slight bobber look by cutting the rear fender down but still maintain the rear seat. I made a custom side plate and tail light (32 ford). I read a post that mentioned someone using a trailer fender on here and that is how I found this site. Take a look and let me know what you think. Post photos if you have examples or links to others that have done something similar. If there is a aftermarket piece that would work better, I am up for that as well. The blue tape represents where I am planning on cutting. I was hoping to utilize as many stock parts as possible and only chop of the back but since the fender is so thick, I started playing with remounting the fender (Retaining the first bolts closest to seat) and cutting the fender to match the rear wheel arches.

Custom Harley rear fender- the look I am going for. Simple, classy and functional

Another example of the look i am going for.

Rear fender with the stock mounting. You can see how tall the rear fender is. If i just got the back end off, it will look odd.

Rear fender mounted with first set of bolts, rear of fender is placed further down to fill the gap.

Alternate view with fender relocated further down.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2005 M50

Need advice on M50 rear fender

Going to be hard to keep it like that with the existing side mount struts and customize the shape.

Heres mine

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358005550.672325.jpg

The stock rear fender is not metal, so shaving or sculpting is going to be difficult.

My Bike(s)
    M50
    After some additional searches, I don't think I can make the stock fender work. I found the look I am going for browsing through the forum. Not sure what fender he is using but I want to head down this path. Anyone know what vendor this is? I believe the owner of the bike is "Gasman".

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally.Ray View Post
    After some additional searches, I don't think I can make the stock fender work. I found the look I am going for browsing through the forum. Not sure what fender he is using but I want to head down this path. Anyone know what vendor this is? I believe the owner of the bike is "Gasman".

The red bike belongs to Blackie22 - not sure about the black bike.

Here's Blackie22's original post about the fender:

http://www.motorcycleforums.net/foru...-fender-2.html
    2k8 SE, 2k5 Red Parts, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Suzuki OEM Passenger Floorboards, 28" Drag Bars, Ken's 1" Spacers, 2nd Gen Chin Spoiler, Undertail Eliminator Kit, Relocated Turn Signals and Tag, Morton's Violators, K&N Drop In, PC-V retrofit, De-Paired, Custom Headlight, Blacking out the Chrome, Found better brakes - just have to get them on!!!

My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    I'm going in this direction. I found this photo online looks like a Kawasaki meanstreak rear fender. What do you guys think ?
    Attached Images

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    I'm going in this direction. I found this photo online looks like a Kawasaki meanstreak rear fender. What do you guys think ?
    That is a sick looking bike! What's up with that front wheel? Is that a second rotor or am I seeing things?
    2k8 SE, 2k5 Red Parts, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Suzuki OEM Passenger Floorboards, 28" Drag Bars, Ken's 1" Spacers, 2nd Gen Chin Spoiler, Undertail Eliminator Kit, Relocated Turn Signals and Tag, Morton's Violators, K&N Drop In, PC-V retrofit, De-Paired, Custom Headlight, Blacking out the Chrome, Found better brakes - just have to get them on!!!

My Bike(s)
    2006 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    That is a sick looking bike! What's up with that front wheel? Is that a second rotor or am I seeing things?
    Looks like a mean streak front wheel also. They have dual front discs.

Ads