2013 Suzuki boulevard m50 exhaust - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
    I am not an exhaust expert but , do you think blocking the exhaust hole will not suffocate the entire exhaust system?
    About muffler design:
    Most things called "baffles" really aren't and they do pretty much nothing.
    In order to achieve any reduction in the noise, the exhaust pulses must be slowed down and stretched out.
    To do that, you need to block the direct path out the end and make the exhaust take a longer and larger route.
    You don't want to actually restrict the flow (much), just re-route it.
    If what you have really are straight slim pipes, that's really hard to do.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M50 Boulevard special edition
    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Youtube, then put in Vance and Hines baffle mod. Then look for Drew M video.
    Saw the video last night but not impressed with the solution, Do you have any other solution in mind by keeping the current modified baffles in place?

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    About muffler design:
    Most things called "baffles" really aren't and they do pretty much nothing.
    In order to achieve any reduction in the noise, the exhaust pulses must be slowed down and stretched out.
    To do that, you need to block the direct path out the end and make the exhaust take a longer and larger route.
    You don't want to actually restrict the flow (much), just re-route it.
    If what you have really are straight slim pipes, that's really hard to do.
    Thanks Easy Rider, I saw most of your posts about modifications to the stock design and 100% in agreement with you that if you modify any factory with the after market you get screwed anyways, seems like most of the manufacturers are deliberately introducing some designs to create market for vendors who are manufacturing the so called performance parts. After spending all this amount and effort I came to the conclusion that I don't want to sacrifice my ear drums for my bike looks, the reason I spent that money on the pipes was that if you look at the design of M50 factory exhaust its awfully imbalanced and similar is the case with lot of other motorcycles. I am at loss here

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
    seems like most of the manufacturers are deliberately introducing some designs to create market for vendors who are manufacturing the so called performance parts.
    There is a good market for "performance parts" mostly because people are gullible.

My Bike(s)
    2013 M50
    Nothing short of trying the fiberglass wrap. That video shows that bike to be very quiet after that mod. I'll have to get my bike out on highway and see how the noise is. It seems like the faster i go the quieter it is because all the noise from exhaust is behind me. Might want to check and make sure you dont an exhaust leak up by the motor.

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Nothing short of trying the fiberglass wrap. That video shows that bike to be very quiet after that mod. I'll have to get my bike out on highway and see how the noise is. It seems like the faster i go the quieter it is because all the noise from exhaust is behind me. Might want to check and make sure you dont an exhaust leak up by the motor.
    Ya I guess that's the last resort , I tried to convince myself that its not loud but my ears were not agreeing with me. it is slightly bearable until you hit 70 m/hr . I also have some popping issue when I decelerate . I guess there are no leaks there I have observed it closely, I'll try to post a video once the weather gets better , seems like we are going back to winters here in Maryland.

Hi everyone, I need to change the exhaust system with my bike which is the same model as in this post, I had consulted with the CS at V&H exhaust company and some vendor sites and they all said that this V&H exhaust will not fit in my bike. So I would really like to know the specific model that you purchased? What do I need to install the V&H exhaust on my Suzuki? and What do I need to do to get it fitted?

Sorry if this is irrelevant with the topic, I am a newbie in this area and there is few resources and help in my area, I really need to make sure that I got the correct model of exhaust, it would be really helpful to have your advice, thanks!

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul2005 View Post
    Hi everyone, I need to change the exhaust system with my bike which is the same model as in this post,
    Why do you need to change it ??
    And why do you seem to be stuck on this particular V&H model ??

Because I want to improve the sound, and I'm modifying the look of my bike. I don't have a specific model in mind yet, there seems to be few choices exhaust for my bike model and I like the V and H look and style when I saw it during my search

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Because I want to improve the sound,
    Just FYI it is technically illegal to modify your pipes so that they make more noise........not that anybody enforces that though.
    Please try to keep it reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Just FYI it is technically illegal to modify your pipes so that they make more noise........not that anybody enforces that though.
    Please try to keep it reasonable.
    Yeah I know! thanks for your reminder! so, do you know is there anyway I can fit the V&H pipe on the M50?

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50
    I'm lucky, there aren't the strict exhaust restrictions down here in New Zealand. I bought a second hand M50 and the previous owner had drilled the end baffle on both OEM mufflers with four 12 mm / 1/2" holes. This improves the sound of my exhaust yet it isn't too loud.

My wife is sensitive about motorbike exhaust noises, there's a Harley down the road with straight pipes and I'm sure that one day as he goes passed she's going to throw a brick at him. But she totally accepts my exhaust, says it isn't too noisy and even loves going for short rides with me.

But, as I said, there isn't too much notice taken on exhaust modification down here, I've just had the mandatory six monthly fitness check done on my bike and no comment was made by the inspector.

My Bike(s)
    2014 Boulevard M50
    I had consulted with the CS at V&H exhaust company and some vendor sites and they all said that this V&H exhaust will not fit in my bike.
    I received the same reply from V&H customer service. They said they don't have anything for my 2014 M50. The OP certainly shows a different story.

My Bike(s)
    2014 Boulevard M50
    Some input here plz
    V&H told me that they have no product for my '14 M50. Yet here I see the same generation of bike with great V&H pipes.
    wut up wit dat?

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2011 Suzuki M50
    I also have the "new" shape M50. I also got the same response from V & H in 2011. I went ahead and fitted their 2 into 1 chrome pipes. Everything fitted just fine, still okay today.
    The "new" M50's have been on sale since 2010. Some companies move slower than others, V & H have been around a long time.
    Maybe they're "exhausted".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links