2013 Suzuki boulevard m50 exhaust
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Bike(s)
    2013 M50

2013 Suzuki boulevard m50 exhaust

Ok i went with the Vance and Hines twin slash staggered. Fit perfect, had to reroute rear 02 sensor cord and install some washers between top left muffler bracket to frame. Also modified baffles, first cut them in half then welded a 7/8'' i.d washer between the 2 pieces to quiet it some. 2013 Suzuki boulevard m50 exhaust-dscn0194.jpg2013 Suzuki boulevard m50 exhaust-dscn0195.jpg2013 Suzuki boulevard m50 exhaust-dscn0196.jpg2013 Suzuki boulevard m50 exhaust-dscn0197.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    Good work. They look excellent.
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

My Bike(s)
    2013 M50
    Just fired it up, sounds good but not sure how the mod effected the sound since I didn't try it without the mods.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    Well don't keep us in suspense. Shoot a short vid and let us hear it.

My Bike(s)
    2013 M50
    Trying to figure out how to post a video.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    Upload it to youtube. Then post the link. Like in my sig.

My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M50 Boulevard special edition
    Are you sure you used 7/8" id washer, cuz i used 3/4" id washer and the hole on my baffles looks bigger as compared to the pic shown, The sound with stock baffles was too annoying , now a bit better but still loud LoL, not recommended for longer trips

My Bike(s)
    2013 M50
    Yes they say 3/4 on the shelf but if you measure them i got 7/8'' i.d. I've taken a few longer rides, not on the highway and its not to loud at all. 1 guy on youtube welded a solid piece instead of a washer and it was to quiet. You could try a smaller i.d washer or wrap the baffle with fiberglass now that you have restricted some of the airflow with the mod. When i was checking on youtube for mods for the V&H pipes someone said the fiberglass wrap would not help much if the exhaust flows straight through. But now you sending some exhaust around the outside of the baffle this might work. I would try that before pulling the baffle apart again. Let us know what if anything helps this. Also can you a post a couple of pics of the mod you did. Thanks

My Bike(s)
    Thanks But I think the fiberglass option is out of question because even with bare baffle it is a snug fit so it wont accommodate any sort of layer . It would have been much better if you posted a video of the sound you are getting out of your pipe but trust me I am not too old that I can't bear the sound I get with 7/8" but its very painful after you hit around 60-80 miles/hr speed. Lets see but I am not satisfied with the sound after spending all that money and effort for current pipes, its the looks that caught me.
    Last edited by blacknwhite; 04-25-2016 at 01:05 PM.

My Bike(s)
    2013 M50
    I dont want to setup an account on youtube just to post a video. i'm trying to go through google to post the video. Now you said when looking through your baffle after mods that your i.d hole looks larger, if its a 3/4'' i.d washer the outside diameter should be about the size of the baffle o.d of the baffle.

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    I dont want to setup an account on youtube just to post a video. i'm trying to go through google to post the video. Now you said when looking through your baffle after mods that your i.d hole looks larger, if its a 3/4'' i.d washer the outside diameter should be about the size of the baffle o.d of the baffle.
    it is , but I had it done from a welder who kinda sanded some extra material of the washer from outside to make it even with the baffle for perfect fit.

My Bike(s)
    2013 M50
    Did you measure the i.d of the washer before mod? Even if its a 1/4'' larger the sound will be a lot louder. If you like the looks of the pipes but not the sound you could cover the washer hole up with a bolt, washers, lock washer and nut. Should not have needed to remove any of the washer material to make the baffle fit if it was a 3/4''. Was the i.d of washer the size of the end of baffle or the middle?

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Did you measure the i.d of the washer before mod? Even if its a 1/4'' larger the sound will be a lot louder. If you like the looks of the pipes but not the sound you could cover the washer hole up with a bolt, washers, lock washer and nut. Should not have needed to remove any of the washer material to make the baffle fit if it was a 3/4''. Was the i.d of washer the size of the end of baffle or the middle?
    I am not an exhaust expert but , do you think blocking the exhaust hole will not suffocate the entire exhaust system? About your second question , 3/4" was I.D of the washer ( I guess the size displayed at hardware store means I.D not O.D) , I measured neither but when we welded it there was still a little bigger than the middle of the baffle. No the i.d of the washer was of course smaller than the middle of the baffle but slightly bigger O.D. I will try to take a pic of how it looks if I remove the baffle again for modification. I already stripped the baffle threads during modification cuz its so tightly aligned and putting that bolt to hold the baffle is at a wrong angle once the pipes are installed so you were clever to modify the baffle before installing the pipes
    Last edited by blacknwhite; 04-27-2016 at 03:52 PM.

My Bike(s)
    2013 M50
    If you go to youtube and put in vance and hines twin slash baffle mods you might find the guy that welded a solid piece between the baffle. He has a before and after sound of this mod.

My Bike(s)
    2013 M50
    Youtube, then put in Vance and Hines baffle mod. Then look for Drew M video.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links