Motorcycle Forum banner

Rear tire help?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jammer 
#1 ·
I have a 01 katana 750,the rear tire size is a 150/70/17, what other size will fit? want to go wider than stock.have any of you guys exp with this.

#4 ·
You will affect the handling of the bike if you go wider, and it could become unstable. The rear tire is crucial in determining turning characteristics. It is the primary mechanism that turns the bike. Most sportbike riders who do it realize it was a mistake.

#5 ·
badchord said:
I have a 01 katana 750,the rear tire size is a 150/70/17, what other size will fit? want to go wider than stock.have any of you guys exp with this.
The wider tire sure looks more kewler doesn't it? My humble opinion...my friend has the same Gixxer 750 as I do..went with a 200 tire in the back...side by side..his looks kewler. On it's own...it looks the same. I would stay with what is found on your bike. I found myself thinking of changing tire size because it looked kewler. There are other things you can do to your bike to make it even look kewler than going with a wider tire. That is unless you are going to race it...but then again you would probably get a different b ike than what you have.

In the end...my opinion..keep the tire size you have. Yes wider, and I am assuming is kewler..but the possibility depending on tire size and handling...I would stay with what it has stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.