Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2000 suzuki RM 250

Exclamation Fuel in the crankcase

ok i got one for you guys...i was performing my routine service on my bike tonight so i can go riding tomarrow, although it doesnt look good (thunderstorms and hail) but thats beside the point. ok when i went to drain my crankcase oil out and put new in i had quite a bit of fuel come out as well with the oil. now my question is how did it get there? now heres the thing...ive been dealing with this flooding problem on this bike as you may already know. i took the carb off tonight cleaned it replace a few parts like the idle air screw, gaskets, pilot air screw and put the new fuel needle valve in and checked it (filled the fuel line with gas and tipped it up to see if it leaked and the new one did leak.) now i put the old one back in, didnt appear to have anyting wrong with it, so i put that one back in and did the same thing only this time this one didnt leak. the float is adjusted to spec (16mm) and the needle is seating well. i even put the carb back on the bike and filled the float bowl to see if i had any leaks anywhere...nothing. now yesterday when i went to start it, it did not seem to wanna start. after choking it, putting a new plug in it, i pop started it and it ran. ran good too. could this gas i had in there be from the other day when it seemed like i flooded it trying to start it? and if it is how could that much of it get in there? when i get it started it runs great...im just a little bit concerned as to how it got there. and if there is a serious problem. any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry for such a long post

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    2010 Hayabusa... a black one... the fastest colour
    Yes
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2000 suzuki RM 250
    yes to which part of the question?

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by punkrock114 View Post
    yes to which part of the question?
    All of it.

Listen, gotta be a little blunt here........
    How the crap do you expect ANYBODY to give you a good opinion having never seen your bike ????

From what you have said, I think it's likely that the fuel was in there from before but I don't KNOW that. And how do YOU know the oil had a "lot" of fuel in it?? Oil and fuel don't come out seperately; they mix. If you had something come out that looked different than the oil, it was likely water and not fuel.

Now that you have it running, either you need to just keep an eye on the oil OR take it to a shop for an evaluation.

Asking (essentially) the same question over and over here will likely NOT get you any different answers (guesses really).

You've pretty much got all WE have to offer.......which hasn't been much. Now it's YOUR turn.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2000 suzuki RM 250
    OK. nevermind i figured the problem out. the reason why i joined this forum was to TRY to get a little help learning about my bike....diagnosing problems...and maybe to get a little advice on how to maybe fix them. sorry if that is too much to ask.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    .and maybe to get a little advice on how to maybe fix them. sorry if that is too much to ask.
    And we were TRYING to help but I think you were expecting more than we could give. There is a good reason that doctors don't try to diagnose patients over the phone.

Would it be expecting too much if I asked you what you did to solve the problem?
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    1972 Honda CL450 Scrambler, 2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    sorry for such a long post
    Long posts aren't necessarily bad. Just use paragraphs next time .

Ads