Motorcycle Forum banner

98 Honda 750 ACE

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  roadrash5 
#1 ·
Just replaced clutch plates
Do not have a clutch
Made adjustments have a clutch but as soon as I shift into gear Bikes lurches ahead as if clutch is only half way in?
I'm stumped Wifes pissed she can't ride
Help before I get cut OFF ............LOL

L8R RR

#2 ·
Just replaced clutch plates
Do not have a clutch
Couple of wild ideas:

Are we sure we have OIL ?? :mrgreen:

The new plates will probably tend to "drag" a bit until you get a few miles on it and go through a couple of hot-cold cycles. With the bike in neutral, let it run long enough to warm up. Pull in the clutch lever, rev it up to 4 or 5K a few times, wait 30 seconds (count, it's longer than you think), and rev it a few more times.....holding the clutch in the whole time....wait another 30 seconds and try to put it in gear.

If that doesn't work, try pushing it in 2nd or 3rd gear with the clutch pulled in to see how bad the drag actually IS. If it's really bad, then ...mmmm....maybe the mechanic did something wrong. :shock: :mrgreen:

#3 ·
Thanks will try never thought about drag , I let the new clutch soak in oil for 2-3 days ......
And yes the oil level is almost to the top hash mark.

I will put it down to the guy workin on it ME.

Time to put on my lid and go 4 a ride after letting in rev in neutral
Will get back and see if this works
L8R RR

#4 ·
Got it not sure what I did ???????????
Just took it all apart again , put back together let oil heat up .......
Bike ran fine thks for your help ............
Hopefully thats my idiotic moment for the year....
But loud Pipes save Lives

Chrome wont get ya home
Black will get ya back

L8R RR

#7 ·
Long story short , figured out the aftermarket plates and spacers where almost an in thinner in total.....
Went ahead and replaced basket plate springs washers lock nut ...........No clutch
The sir clip that holds the clutch lifter rod in place fell out. Also replaced the lifter rod spring as the old one was bent ....... Holy smokes ... insure the lifter sir clip is proprley seated
From now on only origanal parts for the bike
Oh ya Dr Bob LOUD PIPES SAVE PIPES.......... ROFLMAO
Thats whats great bout being a biker diversity ............ You like quite I love it LOUD like my Women....... LOL

L8R RR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.