Motorcycle Forum banner

rough run cold

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  98corona 
#1 ·
Hey fellow rider & wrenchers, I have an 02 katana 600, that is running very rough when it is cold , even with the choke on, lopes alot, once warmed it's ok. It used to run tits till it sat for a month in a shop. I ran two bottles of fuel treatmen thru it and even tried to resync, no luck. I have mikuni BSR32 carbs. I had installed a K&N air filter as well as a yosh (RS-3)exhast system I had tuned it up, adj the valves, and sync the carbs a month before it went to the shop, as soon as I got it back, it ran like crap. But they never touched it, this I know. So any ides or suggestions ???
I would greatly appreatiate it

:twisted:

#2 ·
I think the Katana is air cooled right? For some reason the air cooled bikes take twice as long to warm up. My bandit 12 won't run worth a squat for the first 5 min or so, choke or no choke. Some of the mods you did may be a factor as well. If it did run well before all of this when cold I would consider you lucky. Again mine from factory when stock needs quite a bit of time to warm up. And if I let it set for more than 1/2 hour after riding its like it sat all night.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.