Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X

Cycle Gear Exclusive: "Storm" Waterproof Riding Boot

Got an flyer over the weekend from my local Cycle Gear (absolutely stole a Shoei 1000 from them $150).

First page was a house brand (Bilt) foul weather boot, slashed fifty percent off. It perked my interest up. Here (Central Florida), storms brew up in the blink of an eye, and can be absolute soakers. They'll make short work of any standard riding boot, and you'll find yourself spending the rest of the day drying your footgear out to prevent any molding issues in our humid environment.

So the other day, in the midst of a downpour, I stopped by the local Cycle Gear shop, and picked a pair up. I was eager to ride yesterday, as it was raining again, but circumstances prevailed against me, and I had to wait until today.

So which brings us to today.

I'd had some trepidation wearing them all day because they seemed to fit tightly in some odd places so they would need a proper breaking in. Just in case, I brought a pair of regular shoes.

After I put the Storms on. I had to walk around through my morning gear routine etc. I couldn't help but notice how comfortable they were to walk in. Getting astride the bike was even noticeable. Getting situated on the pegs was even a tad more comfortable than my normal footgear, plus shifting, aided with a leather panel to reinforce the shift area, was a breeze, and I never once felt it on my toe.

It didn't rain on the way in, but the air was saturated, and it's threatening. So I concentrated on what I could feel. I didn't feel any breeze through any seams. So that appears to be a good thing, and I just couldn't get over the comfort just on the pegs.

Walking around the office reaffirms the comfort. However, the only complaint is, being waterproof, they're not vented. So they're hot. My feet are literally boiling as I type, and I can't wait to go out to the saddlebag, and grab my other footgear.

I guess this just illustrates that certain gear is made for certain conditions. It makes sense that you can't have vented or breathable waterproof shoes...I think. It'd be great if they weren't so hot, they could be worn all day.

I'm looking forward to seeing if they truly work as advertised. The comfort in fit, they provide is awesome, just a tad too warm. They seriously have me rethinking my options for riding footgear. I currently use a pair of HH Harness boots that are well worn and trusted friends. I may start looking into the riding "shoe" genre to find a good overall fit, and store the rain shoes with the Frogg Toggs in the saddlebag.

Linky: Cycle Gear - BILT: Storm Waterproof Leather Motorcycle Boots, BLACK

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    83 Gl650I
    I have Alpinestar waterproof boots with a breathable liner. Pretty decent boots for the money. Wearing smart wool (Merino Wool) socks will also make a big difference to your comfort.

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    First warning sir.

I didn't catch it in the other post, but if you're just shilling for LeatherUp say so.

Spamming will get you nowhere here.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by intimid8er View Post
    First warning sir.
    He's a carpet bombing spammer.
    But I assume you've figured that out ........since his other 6 posts seem to have disappeared.

[edit] Well clearly his other posts are still there, since I have just seen about 5 of them in the NEW POSTS scan........but why won't the "find all his posts" link from the profile find ANY of them ??????
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 07-29-2011 at 03:19 PM.

VII
    Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    On Fire
    Even tho I live in one of the rainiest places on earth, I still refuse to get waterproof riding shoes. Why? Because my brother has a pair of waterproof icons and after a couple months he's not allowed into my house if he wears them over. No water in means no water out. You could classify them weapons grade bio contaminates.
    Black Hypercharger, Cooley's 2" fluted risers, 32" Debrix drag bars, Tsukayu Coner hardbags w/integrated turn signals, Hard Krome 2.5 Strippers Black, Power Commander V, Lowered 2.5", Transformer grips, Cobra Freeway bars, Gorilla alarm, BikeMaster Sickle Mirrors, Clear turn signal lenses w/chrome tipped bulbs, Debadged tank, Cooley's rear filler plate, Custom Flame paint

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    09 FatBob, 09 M50
    ya need a couple of pairs to cycle through if ya wear waterproof boots all the time. wearing 2 pairs of socks also helps w/ the odor buildup.

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    I've got a good pair of waterproof boots - leather boots with a GoreTex lining. I paid about $250 for them, but they were definitely worth it.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    blog: gsx1400

Ads