Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    MT, WA, and FL. That is what I got out of this 2009 site.

Motorcycle insurance requirements by state | Insure.com
    the reason I didn't specify in such a way is that if someone reads that, wrecks them-self without insurance-2 wheels duh- and I wrote it I would be responsible for wrecking myself without insurance.

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    09 FatBob, 09 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by em.lisa View Post
    I just bought my first bike yesterday, and was thinking about getting a policy with fire and theft added. Trying to understand exactly what each type of insurance policy covers, so I guess the best way to ask is: what would this policy NOT help me out with? Say there's a crash and I get injured, the other driver gets injured, both vehicles are damaged, we both want to claim it's the others fault, etc. Worst case scenario, what am I missing out on if I don't get full coverage? Thank you...looks like I entered a heated discussion here but just wanted to take it back to the basics, lol.

PS kawiby2 - your signature isn't showing up correctly on my end, just see a bunch of style coding before your text, but maybe it's just my mac.
    liability fixes the other vehicle, comprehensive ( full coverage) fixes yours. the biggest advantages of full coverage are theft and not having to fight with the other guys insurance to get your bike fixed ( your insurance pays you and then they fight the other insurance company) . or if you lay it down which is far more likely.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    If i wreck i am worried about me, forget the bike, I'm jumpin.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironjoey View Post
    Wow. Okay. (Not you, easy
    I'm going to be as clear as possible. Washington state government does not require motorists to carry any form of insurance on a motorcycle. I know, as I am the guy that does the pulling over. Haven't written a no insurance ticket to a motorcyclist. Ever. The legislators figured that since only liability insurance was required for regular vehicles, motorcycles can't hurt a car much, and most motorcycle crashes are one vehicle-driver causing. So they concluded it was not necessary for motorcycles to have it. (Not necessarily right, but that's what they concluded).

Your FINANCE company, on the other hand, wants their investment protected, and THEY require full coverage insurance.

Personally, I will never ride without insurance again. And every motorcyclist I pull over from now on will get a friendly suggestion from me to carry insurance. Not for the other guy in the car, but for the motorcyclist.
    weird, you would think no seat belt would be more dangerous

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    100_9553.JPG so I went to town and parked the bike in a regular parking stall and somebody wrecked into my fender. it seems no wonder how hard i try to avoid the person that bothers me the most this person is usually there when something bad happens and had nothing to do physically with the incident.

so the fender was wrapped underneath itself over the tire but it buffed right out. no insurance was called because i my thoughts were somewhere else. anybody had a similar incident.

Ads