Freeway-Jumping Motorcyclist Injured In Latest Stunt Attempt
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Freeway-Jumping Motorcyclist Injured In Latest Stunt Attempt

Remember Kyle Katsandris? Of course you do; he’s the guy who jumped his Kawasaki KX450 over the 60 freeway in Los Angeles not too long ago, causing a buzz all over social media and the internet as a whole (and also sparked an investigation by the California Highway Patrol). Well, it appears that his internet fame has caught up with him, as his latest stunt didn’t go so well.

According to reports, Katsandris’ latest trick was to jump over train tracks in Simi Valley, California, following the footsteps of Colin Morrison, who successfully completed the jump three times a decade ago, twice over a moving train. Except in Katsandris’ attempt, a bump at the lip of the jumped launched him over the handlebars, where he then crashed on the other side. He’s currently in critical but stable condition.
    Read more about the Freeway-Jumping Motorcyclist Injured In Latest Stunt Attempt at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2016 Suzuki C90T BOSS
    His momma must be proud .... idiot!

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Quote Originally Posted by uprightshark View Post
    His momma must be proud .... idiot!
    I sure wouldn't follow his example, but he didn't cause danger to anyone else with his crazy antics so as far as I'm concerned, let him be. He's living his dream, following his own drum. Good on him. Most people don't have that kind of courage.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2016 Suzuki C90T BOSS
    Quote Originally Posted by turboyoshi View Post
    but he didn't cause danger to anyone else with his crazy antics
    This time!

What if he had missed that ramp or missed judged that lift and went into traffic, into a vehicle carrying a family ... etc etc ... Want to put your life into your own hands in your back yard, or away from others, fill your boots, but I would say this did put others at risk. It, buy fluke not design, worked the first time. Not so good the second ... for him.

I am always concerned when I see this kind of stuff in public view, as it glorifies stupidity and their will always be someone even dumber who will say ... I can top that! Just my 2-cents and I am sure many will not agree, but I have always believed that"just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

Like I probably should have kept my 2-cents to myself on this one .... but just couldn't help myself. Seen to much road kill over stupidity over the years.
    Last edited by uprightshark; 04-12-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Quote Originally Posted by uprightshark View Post
    What if he had missed that ramp or missed judged that lift and went into traffic, into a vehicle carrying a family ... etc etc ... Want to put your life into your own hands in your back yard, or away from others, fill your boots, but I would say this did put others at risk. It, buy fluke not design, worked the first time. Not so good the second ... for him.
    Typically, when people do publicity stunts like this, the road is closed off or access is otherwise controlled so it's still safe. I don't know if that's what happened here. If that's not how this was arranged, then I agree it's irresponsible and he should just die. I have no sympathy for those who put other people at risk.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2016 Suzuki C90T BOSS
    Quote Originally Posted by turboyoshi View Post
    Typically, when people do publicity stunts like this, the road is closed off or access is otherwise controlled so it's still safe. I don't know if that's what happened here. If that's not how this was arranged, then I agree it's irresponsible and he should just die. I have no sympathy for those who put other people at risk.
    Agreed

This case hit the news and the Web of course and it was not sanctioned or organized.

Sponsored Links