The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies

Here at Motorcycle.com we get to ride all of the newest, latest, and greatest motorcycles on the planet. However, more often than not, our time with each bike spans the course of weeks, maybe months (but definitely not years), as new bikes are constantly flowing through our proverbial garages, waiting to get tested. This means we have reviews of almost every motorcycle on the market, but it also means that we lack firsthand experience learning about long-term durability and maintenance. So, when our readers ask about the reliability of a certain make or model, it’s a difficult question to answer, as reliability testing requires ownership for several years – something we simply aren’t in a position to provide.

Thankfully, the folks at Consumer Reports have compiled a motorcycle reliability study, gathering information from more than 11,000 riders, sharing their experiences on more than 12,000 motorcycles purchased new between 2008 and 2014. With this data, CR adjusted for mileage ridden over a 12-month span and estimated failure rates. Like golf, the lower the number (or percentage, in this case), the better the score. CR’s language in the link above is vague, using words like “trouble prone” and not defining what constitutes a failure. Nonetheless, the results are still relevant. Here they are, from worst to best.
    Read more about The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies at Motorcycle.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    Suzuki coming in 2nd with Honda is cool. Yamaha edging by 1% is a surprise. Oddly though that the big money bikes were at the bottom.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Vulcan 900, Can-AM Spyder
    Rather unfortunate timing with this post.......the day AFTER I bought a Can-Am Spyder !!!!

It probably wouldn't have made any difference though.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    In the end, it's just opinions. I know people that have problems with their Harley's but still swear by them. Many people look at owning a Harley as an accomplishment, goal or trophy. In our area, Yamaha isn't the most popular, but was no.1 in the review.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Vulcan 900, Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by QZephyr View Post
    In the end, it's just opinions.
    If done correctly, a reliability "study" that collects repair data should be pretty much void of opinions.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    Yes I agree, but as stated, they asked owners about their experiences with the cycle companies. And like I said, I know people that have problems with their Harleys, but most likely wouldn't give a bad review if asked. If there were issues with your Spyder, they may already be resolved or can be.

Sponsored Links