Official welcome thread v.2 - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Welcome, Tommy! You've certainly gotten off in the right direction. Bravo.
    Thanks boss.

I'll be perfectly honest...the thought of riding scares the hell out of me. It's not me I'm worried about, its the other idiots on the road. My parents have been very overprotective my entire life so when I said I wanted a bike at 18 they gave me the whole "not while you're living under my roof". When I turned 23 and moved out and told them I wanted one again they begged me not to. My mother is under the impression that everyone who rides dies or suffers a horrible fate. Well I'll be 30 next week and I think I've waited long enough. I REALLY want to learn to ride and lets face facts, I'm not getting any younger LOL. I am grateful they kept me from getting one for so long...I wasn't ready to handle the responsibility.

I figure if I'm going to take my life in my hands like that I might as well be smart about it. I plan on buying some of the best gear I can find and will definitely follow the ATGATT rule. I live on Long Island where cell phones and screaming kids are more important than controlling the cages people drive. Scary out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    Tommy.... good for you .

I also had an overprotective parent...mom was an emergency room nurse and showed me those dead bodies. At 54 yrs old I finally made my own risk assessment and took MSF and have had the time of my life riding ever since.
    Good riding , be safe, and keep the shiny side up....

Annie

Quote Originally Posted by NoRegrets78 View Post
    Hello to all! Signed up for this forum after visiting quite a few looking for information on the Suzuki M50 as a first bike. The only thing I have ever ridden are those tiny scooters (35mph ones), so I'm REALLY looking forward to joining the big bike ranks. I got my permit last week and have read Proficient Motorcyling cover to cover. Also watched Learn to Ride the Easy Way and Ride Like A Pro V. I'm just waiting for my new license to come in so I can sign up for the MSF and get a spot in either late March or early April.

Just wanted to introduce myself (I'm Tommy btw), and say hi to all those who made this site such a great place. I have found SO much information and I've only really just really skimmed the surface.

Can't wait for spring!!!
    Ride long and prosper !

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
    I will thanks Annie!
    see you in infinity...

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Rf400Vr
    hi guys, im jeff and from the phillipines, just join in today 12/28/08, a few weeks ago i went to baguio city to visit a friend, and there i found a 1994 suzuki RF400vr just sitting and in bad shape, it has been my dream to have a bike and i was lucky enough that my friend just gave it to me, to be honest i really don't have much idea on how to fix it, luck was on my side when i tried to change the spark plugs, she started, i took her to a mechanic and i was adv to change the timing chain have a change oil and tune up, i am really having a had time looking for a owners manual to learn how to fix the her then i found this forum hoping that someone could help me and send me the specs, and maybe some tips my email is jeffersonmacasu@yahoo.com... thanks.

Top Gear ! Full Throttle!
    My Bike(s)
    '06 M50 Black
    to M-J Gianfranco!

Tommy! Good choice on the M50. Good for you, it looks like you've got all the information to becoming a proficient motorcycle rider.

Jefferson! My fellow Pinoy.

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    to M-J Gianfranco!

Tommy! Good choice on the M50. Good for you, it looks like you've got all the information to becoming a proficient motorcycle rider.

Jefferson! My fellow Pinoy.

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Yamaha Roadliner
    Hello all.... Just found this site and wanted to join. My new bike just got delivered on Monday and now I'm counting down the days until spring. Happy New Year to you all!

My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Hello TJ. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike.

Top Gear ! Full Throttle!
    My Bike(s)
    '06 M50 Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Davecm203 View Post
    Hello TJ. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike.

HJJ
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki M50
    Good for you Tommy,
    I didn't get my first bike until I was 55. I sure regret all the fun I missed in those years. On a bike or in a car the idiots are still out there. Defensive driving is more important on a bike than ever these days with the cell phones and the texting that is going on. Oh by the way I did wreck my first bike a 1998 800 intruder because of an idiot on a cell phone pulling out, stopping then pulling out in front of me. Few scrapes and busies and one month later had a New 2007 M 50. Don't be afraid to ride just be smarter than the idiots.

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Blk. & Slvr M-50
    Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Good for you Tommy,
    I didn't get my first bike until I was 55. I sure regret all the fun I missed in those years. On a bike or in a car the idiots are still out there. Defensive driving is more important on a bike than ever these days with the cell phones and the texting that is going on. Oh by the way I did wreck my first bike a 1998 800 intruder because of an idiot on a cell phone pulling out, stopping then pulling out in front of me. Few scrapes and busies and one month later had a New 2007 M 50. Don't be afraid to ride just be smarter than the idiots.

to all

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    '82 Suzuki GS450T
    Hi everybody,

Hope to be a member for a long time!

My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Welcome to the forum, mdonof02.

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Blk. & Slvr M-50
    Quote Originally Posted by mdonof02 View Post
    Hi everybody,

Hope to be a member for a long time!
    from central Cal.

My Bike(s)
    '07 M109R / '01 Sportster
    Newbie from Rochester NY, ..... found this site while ridin' the internet instead of the
    salt-covered roads. Both the M109R & the Sportster are asleep 'til the salt goes away.
    Retired now, so I'll be poppin' in & out at all hours.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links