Need help!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Need help!

My Bike(s)
    GSXR

Need help!

I just bought a used 09 GSXR with 10k on it through a dealer and the bike died. He assured me the recalls were performed but I ran the VIN through Suzuki and they say no. I'm done with the bike after only owning it for a month and he's refusing to buy it back or put OEM parts on it to fix it, and I don't trust his tech to fix it as the guy most likely isn't certified. It is under his 2 month warranty and short of getting a lawyer and going legal with it, I don't know what to do.
    Can anybody help me out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Vulcan 900, Can-AM Spyder
    Short of assembling a mob to pay him a visit, what would you think we could do ??........without a clue as to what the problem actually IS ???

If "he" really is an authorized Suzuki dealer, a call to the Suzuki warranty help line might help.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    GSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Short of assembling a mob to pay him a visit, what would you think we could do ??........without a clue as to what the problem actually IS ???

If "he" really is an authorized Suzuki dealer, a call to the Suzuki warranty help line might help.
    Well he's not an official Suzuki dealer and the charging system is smoked. He told me it was checked but my mechanic at a legit Suzuki dealer said they can see a charging issue 6 months before it dies. All in all I'm trying to return the bike as I've only put 1 thousand miles on it and I've had it for a month.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsbikelife View Post
    He told me it was checked but my mechanic at a legit Suzuki dealer said they can see a charging issue 6 months before it dies.
    Well it's really hard to get GOOD information these days.
    The person who told you they can "see" a potential electrical failure (any time) before it happens is just full of BS.

Sometimes a stator will start shorting out but keep working.
    But often times, the stator or R/R or a connector in between will just fail suddenly with no warning.

What exactly do you mean by "the charging system is smoked" ??

If you have your "warranty" in writing, consider seeing the States Attorney, Better Business Bureau or other consumer advocate in your area.
    If the stated warranty was verbal only........you are pretty much screwed.

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    A lot depends upon where you are, since some states have different consumer protection laws, but in any case, the better business bureau would be a good starting point. If the bike came with a written warranty, then it's pretty clear. If your sales contract states that you bought the bike "AS IS" then you are SOL (s**t outta luck).

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Pizza is not safe around me. - Me

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    If it's actually under warranty, why not get a lawyer? You can't lose + you can sue for your legal costs and punitive damages, he'll either settle up quick or settle up when you beat him in court.
    If he's not an authorized suzuki dealer, then it's a solid bet he didn't do any recall work since suzuki won't pay him for it, as he's not authorized.
    Lemon laws don't apply to used bikes in some states, so you might be outta luck if you try going that route. Research your state laws, or just get a lawyer and he'll be happy to do it for you.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turboyoshi View Post
    Lemon laws don't apply to used bikes in some states, ..............
    Make that "there are NO lemon laws for used equipment in ANY state".
    Unless stated otherwise in writing, the sale is AS IS and buyer beware.

To get any relief on a used vehicle without a written warranty, you would have to prove intentional fraud.
    Almost impossible to do in most cases.

Sponsored Links