Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 228 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3411

Thread: Ranting v. 2.0

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    Well maybe the sweet is off the candy that is Facebook, and folks will return back here where they can have a conversation with others and their third grade art teacher, or dear old Aunt Bessie won't or can't weigh in with their thoughts and judgements!

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Hayabusa 2010
    Hey ya Buster, its been a while. How have you been?

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    what comes after kickstand operator?

Baft Dastard
    My Bike(s)
    M800 Intruder (M50 Boulevard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tscotty3874 View Post
    Hey ya Buster, its been a while. How have you been?
    Hey Scotty good to see you again, well, dad an interesting couple of years really, all was pretty standard until March 26 2011 - 5 days before I was due to set off on a two weeker around Europe - that morning I was travelling to work, it was cold, wet and foggy, I was slowing down for a set of temporary traffic lights about 1/2 mile form the house, travelling about 25mph, grabbed a wee bit of front brake, the front wheel locked up and the bike nose dived into the ground, hit the car stationary at the lights, then catapulted me into the path of a truck travelling about 40mph.

Well, long story short, dislocated shoulder, punctured lung, 3 broken ribs, lost my spleen, lost a kidney and pulverised my left femur, leaving my left leg 1.5" shorter than the right, so now, like our Haggis, I generally move in circles..

Much better now though, despite spending 5 weeks in a coma and dying three times! Yep, even him upstairs doesn't want me!

Looking forward to going into hospital later this year to get the thigh extended back to where it should be then a new knee.

As a result of all that, I am now on three wheels..

Only rant out of all this was, that I was reduced to using a car for about 5 months, hated every moment of it.

And after all this how are you, perhaps we should start a welcome back thread??

PS
    I am now cutting about on this...
    Attached Images

When God rides, he rides in Scotland. I know this for a fact, because people often confuse him with me..!!

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
    Ouchie

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Handy
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.
    Loud pipes and other myths.
    R.I.P. Gregory Brewer 01/31/51-07/01/12

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    Nah, meatman booted himself.

There are a whole lot of former members who haven't shown up around here for a while...

I'm getting kinda lonely.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    blog: gsx1400

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    buster, that's quite an experience - one that I am satisfied to read about, but never want to experience myself ...

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    blog: gsx1400

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Hayabusa 2010
    Buster, wow!! Man, I'm glad you're ok now but what a scarry turn of events. That's a too close for comfort situation and really its a miracle you made it through all of that. Well I am definitely glad you're on the recovery side of all that mess. Hope you continue to get better my friend.
    Nothing exciting for me over the past two years. Besides getting arrested once and spending the night in the can. (Long Story) Other then that my life has been really boring. I was kinda in some small way hoping to see Kay back on here but I wasn't surprised that I didn't. I still have all the zippos you sent me btw. Displayed proudly in a case on my wall

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010

Ranting v. 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Hey Scotty good to see you again, well, dad an interesting couple of years really, all was pretty standard until March 26 2011 - 5 days before I was due to set off on a two weeker around Europe - that morning I was travelling to work, it was cold, wet and foggy, I was slowing down for a set of temporary traffic lights about 1/2 mile form the house, travelling about 25mph, grabbed a wee bit of front brake, the front wheel locked up and the bike nose dived into the ground, hit the car stationary at the lights, then catapulted me into the path of a truck travelling about 40mph.

Well, long story short, dislocated shoulder, punctured lung, 3 broken ribs, lost my spleen, lost a kidney and pulverised my left femur, leaving my left leg 1.5" shorter than the right, so now, like our Haggis, I generally move in circles..

Much better now though, despite spending 5 weeks in a coma and dying three times! Yep, even him upstairs doesn't want me!

Looking forward to going into hospital later this year to get the thigh extended back to where it should be then a new knee.

As a result of all that, I am now on three wheels..

Only rant out of all this was, that I was reduced to using a car for about 5 months, hated every moment of it.

And after all this how are you, perhaps we should start a welcome back thread??

PS
    I am now cutting about on this...
    Hey Buster, you have been posting but never told us about this terrible accident, taciturn and tough Scotsman that you are.
    I have obviously never met you except on this forum but I really sincerely wish you a good recovery from these acute injuries, and I admire your spirit.
    Best of luck and good wishes.

Baft Dastard
    My Bike(s)
    M800 Intruder (M50 Boulevard)
    Thanks for that mate, it takes a lot more that a furniture truck and a few critical incidents to keep a good (or perhaps .. not so good) man down..

When God rides, he rides in Scotland. I know this for a fact, because people often confuse him with me..!!

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    1980 Yamaha XS850 - being dismantled; 1999 Kawaski Concours
    a furniture truck, eh?

Heck, i did a gone one just slipping on some ice.

in a much more minor note -

the condo association is deciding to do a big, although somewhat overdue project.

The cost? We'll just double your association dues as a "special assesment" for 6 years, after which I imagine they will find another "special project" to maintain said rate.

Knew the time was coming, wasn't sure when (to give you a comparison, when this assessment goes through, I will be paying more between dues and taxes than my sister and her husband living in a nice house a few blocks away)

life, it's what happens when you get kicked in the b*lls from crisis after crisis known, oddily enough as

life.
    Couldn't put "fail" across Lolo's picture, but she did come in 4th in the 100 m hurdles - still one heck of an effort.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    sorry to hear about your furniture truck incident, I dropped my bike when the kickstand decided to go back to its full upright position in a parking lot. luckily I didn't hit anything.

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    2010 Hayabusa... a black one... the fastest colour
    Merde!! why do people insist on waiting until the light turns green then put their indicators on?
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    because you don't have a seatbelt.

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
    Merde!! why do people insist on waiting until the light turns green then put their indicators on?
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedbyfourkawiby2 View Post
    because you don't have a seatbelt.

Yes..because those dots connect logically!!! lol

Ads