Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Leaned over, knee down
    My Bike(s)
    05 Mean Streak
    Nice work. I really like that sink. I kinda miss doing that stuff, my dad is always sending me pics of jobs that he's doing.
    Mean Streak: Vance&Hines Big Shots, Mustang Vintage Sport Seat, Kuryakan Iso Grips, Iso Pegs, Custom World Highway Pegs, Cobra Mini Sissy Bar.

M50: Vance&Hines Cruzers, Debadged, Delumped (Seat) SOLD

2. MotorcycleForums.net is the original Motorcycle Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    1980 Yamaha XS850 - being dismantled; 1999 Kawaski Concours
    fancy, something I should get myself to do someday.
    Couldn't put "fail" across Lolo's picture, but she did come in 4th in the 100 m hurdles - still one heck of an effort.

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Bandit, '09 Wee Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajim View Post
    fancy, something I should get myself to do someday.
    Just need some time. For me it has been since Feb. and my wife says she won't use it until I am completely done. Sheeeeesssss!

Quote Originally Posted by Danthedawgfan View Post
    Nice work. I really like that sink. I kinda miss doing that stuff, my dad is always sending me pics of jobs that he's doing.

Yeah, the sink is really cool cept trying to find plumbing that will work. The don't take standard plumbing into account when they make these!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger04 View Post
    Man that is some fine work there. I would like to do some work like that in my house, I just dont have the money to do it lol
    It ain't cheep! I have done almost all the work, a contractor friend "approved" everything and helped me with the design. All the wood was free but still the cost is over $4K

Leaned over, knee down
    My Bike(s)
    05 Mean Streak
    Oh I bet, hey sometimes it's worth the extra effort though.
    Mean Streak: Vance&Hines Big Shots, Mustang Vintage Sport Seat, Kuryakan Iso Grips, Iso Pegs, Custom World Highway Pegs, Cobra Mini Sissy Bar.

M50: Vance&Hines Cruzers, Debadged, Delumped (Seat) SOLD

Hangin' On For Dear Life

My Bike(s)
    2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
    Dallas, Texas Directly above the center of the earth.
    Nice job Vinnie.
    All I have of our Livingroom is the Before... can't wait to get to the After...
    Real Men Drift on Two Wheels.

Leaned over, knee down
    Nice job Vinnie, now I see why you made Clint & me use the downstairs facilities when we were over last Sunday.
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    You could gone upstairs just don't touch anything is all!

Y2K
    No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    Get some furniture polish or wax on that maple asap,I've seen moisture lift the finish off maple more than any other type of wood in my 35 years as a cabinetmaker.

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
    Get some furniture polish or wax on that maple asap,I've seen moisture lift the finish off maple more than any other type of wood in my 35 years as a cabinetmaker.
    What 8 coats of wipe on poly is not enough? I have never used wax on my pieces.

Y2K
    No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by frostbitevinnie View Post
    What 8 coats of wipe on poly is not enough? I have never used wax on my pieces.
    If you used poly it's a non issue,most of the time it's a lacquer finish of some kind that people use on cabinets.
    Only down side to poly is repairs or refinishing is a pita but overall it's a tough finish and as waterproof as can be.
    Maple is finicky when it comes to moisture and changes in temperature,it likes to shrink and swell more than most other wood species so it can be hard on finishes.
    Poly will stretch more than lacquer and it seals better so it was a good choice for sure.
    I like oil/wax finishes myself but it's not the industry norm due to being costly and time consuming.
    That said oil/wax is easy to deal with because you can always add more without stripping/refinishing and it repels water very well too.
    That's a nice looking job you did and it should hold up very well.

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    I really like the wipe on poly especially for repairs or recoating. Just sand with 220, apply to a lint free rag, wipe on, and dry in 2 hours.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    1980 Yamaha XS850 - being dismantled; 1999 Kawaski Concours
    elaborate on what kind of wipe on poly you use, I'm going to be in the market for using some shortly.
    Couldn't put "fail" across Lolo's picture, but she did come in 4th in the 100 m hurdles - still one heck of an effort.

Leaned over, knee down
    Hey Vinnie you know I'm never one to nit-pic, but I was just looking at your before picture again, and it sure looks to me like it's more of a "during" picture than a "before" picture,,,,,,,,,, I'm just saying........
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajim View Post
    elaborate on what kind of wipe on poly you use, I'm going to be in the market for using some shortly.
    I use this

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Hey Vinnie you know I'm never one to nit-pic, but I was just looking at your before picture again, and it sure looks to me like it's more of a "during" picture than a "before" picture,,,,,,,,,, I'm just saying........
    I've got some way before ifin ya want to see them but it will cost ya a beer.

Ads